Anybody use a UPS on thier PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the house fuses, the socket is fused, the 5 way plug is fused, 5 way is fused, plug to the pc is fused. Our power supply is also fairly steady I would rather spend an extra £50 on my mouse and keyboard thanks. I definately see the point in less stable power areas but ours is steady and with 5-6 fuses between my pc and the direct power I am fairly happy.

I have the house fuses, the socket is fused, the 5 way plug is fused, 5 way is fused, plug to the pc is fused. Our power supply is also fairly steady I would rather spend an extra £50 on my mouse and keyboard thanks. I definately see the point in less stable power areas but ours is steady and with 5-6 fuses between my pc and the direct power I am fairly happy.

See but not only do you get power protection, you get backup battery power.

So the power cuts out and your system stays on. Not to mention you can get ups's for a very good price nowadays...no real reason not to have one.

Fuses will only stop a power spike. Using a battery backup filters the power going to your computer.

Do these things ever run out of life? Kinda like surge protectors. Because they need replaced like every 5 years from the fuses wearing out on them.

I've never used one on my home PC, but had one at work and it was annoying. It kept switching to battery power every 5 mins or so (the outlet was faulty). They are nice when something like that isn't happening. As mentioned they also provide surge protection and filtering. Lastly, most good brands will offer some sort of warranty against surge damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom