Good fan upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
I want to increase my rear exhaust fan's output as I think it is doing a lousy job moving out all the hot air inside the case. I am also considering switching the input fan for something with higher airflow that won't make it overly loud. Here is what I was considering:

Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE FM121-B 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

It even comes with a fan controller that would match my case.

From the ratings it seems to be a higher airflow max and a lower dB max than many other fast fans.

Both of those are louder than I want, though, and don't include a fan controller for easy adjusting when gaming or something.

I may consider the slipstream, but the Ultra Kaze is definitely way too loud for what I want.

SANYO DENKI|9S1212L401|Axial Fan | Newark.com

CFM rating is wrong however, should be 48.1 instead of 58.6 CFM.

-Edit: Almost forgot to mention that this fan might come with bare leads and thus require crimping.

I'm still looking for a CFM in the 80's or higher, though. I am not sure what the stock fans are capable of in my case, but the Bios only registers them at 1200RPM on full 100% mode, so I doubt they move much air.

What fans do you currently have?

They are stock Rosewill fans. I can not check right now as I'm at work, but I know they have poor airflow and I just want to know the best airflow with the lower noise level the better. Has to be 120mm and a fan controller would be an added bonus so I can turn it down when idle and turn it up when gaming.

Those rosewill fans are LOUD. I bought a couple of the 1800rpm ones to replace spots in my cm690. The sythes are still one of the best fans you can get for quiet air. I'm running 7 yate loon mediums and 3 s-flex highs and the machine is only a dull hum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom