Sony 46" Bravia As PC Monitor.....56 K Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whirlwind, you inspired me.
After seeing this post I went home and connected by compy to my 46" TV. It was awesome. I played some COD4 on it and it was like watching rambo. Question though, do you have to do anything to get 1080p? I connected my comp via HDMi and I have a Radeon 4850. but, when I switched to the 1920x1080 the screen was to large for my TV.. and i know my TV has 1080p ..cause it says so. Is there a setting I need to change?

I have a Sony 46" LCD that I use. Love it too. I set mine up using a DVI to HDMI cable. How did you go about setting yours up?

That looks like Crysis in the screenshot. You said Far Cry was the most demanding??

Whirlwind, you inspired me.
After seeing this post I went home and connected by compy to my 46" TV. It was awesome. I played some COD4 on it and it was like watching rambo. Question though, do you have to do anything to get 1080p? I connected my comp via HDMi and I have a Radeon 4850. but, when I switched to the 1920x1080 the screen was to large for my TV.. and i know my TV has 1080p ..cause it says so. Is there a setting I need to change?

In my Nvidia control panel I had a setting that allowed me to fit my screen for both height and width...so I would check in you video cards control panel...for you that would be Catalyst Control Center , I believe...you should be able to get it from there.

Chad711....that Crysis that you see on the TV is just a screenshot of the game, that I set as my wallpaper :)

That looks awesome man. Thanks for the info about nvidia control panel... I never really thought to check there. Now i can hook my comp up to my 42"

Well, today I had about a 5 hour racing session....it was pure sweetness.

Now, if I just has a cool custom racing seat.

3252329528_897a273692_b.jpg

3252331824_779102437b_b.jpg

3251504601_64e77bb3ce_b.jpg

Hey bud if you are into racing you should look into my setup. It's a G25 and the seat is a Playseat Evo. Here is some pics..

sim_setup_4.jpg

sim_setup_2.jpg

shifter_1.jpg

sim_setup_3.jpg

sim_setup_5.jpg

Just cruising around in the lambo!!! :)

petrs1.jpg

or my C6-R

C6R_3.jpg

or the DBR9! :D

DBR9_1.jpg

Status