Did I get a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obesechicken13

Solid State Member
Over the summer I bought an Inspiron 1525, I thought it was a steal, now they seem to be getting so much cheaper :(

I'm kinda worried about whether I'll need a new laptop when I got to college soon (I'm a senior) trying to go for computer sci.

Then I found out that the default windows settings sucked so I started tweaking things like enabling the second core. Are there other things to do?
I disk defrag, rarely virus scan (or need to) but do have AV's running. But I've heard they're relatively useless other than for peace of mind...

Inspiron 1525
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T6400 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)

Operating System
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1

LCD Panel
Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)

Combo or DVD+RW Drive
CD / DVD Writer (DVD+/-RW Drive)

Memory
3GB2 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 (2 Dimms)

Hard Drive
Size: 250GB3 SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

Video Card
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Sound Card
High Definition Audio 2.0

Wireless Networking Cards
Intel® 3945 802.11a/g Mini-card

Battery Options
6 cell battery (Li-ion)

System Color
Jet Black

Warranty & Service
1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty,4 InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis5

Cost: $600

Hello,

Those specs are fine for college use.

With regards to the second core, I shouldn't think you'd need to do anything in Vista in order for it to be enabled because dual core support is native. However, in the BIOS, many BIOSs have an option to disable/enable dual core functionality.

Those spec is up to the standard...still can run good application like photoshop, msoffice, etc. so i guessed its ok.

AV is far from useless.

Specs and price seem fine, I think you got a good deal. Tech always gets cheaper, especially laptops. You've got to bite the bullet and buy it at some point.

I thought this might have been a tiny tiny bit high but then again it depends on the time and the place it was bought

was this on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom