have i lost my mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, stick with three 285's, because its quite likely that two GTX 295's in Quad SLI will likely drop frames in most games that do not support SLI

Also Veedub, you have not lost your mind... yet ;)

How on earth do you get the money to upgrade every couple months? Seriously, what do you do?

you people must have endless amounts of money :p

I have a good job, no mortgage, no wife and no kids :) And yes, 4 million pixels is freaking awesome. I have wanted a 30" for a while but 1300 bucks for a monitor just wasnt plausible. 690, thats a different story :D

Also, when you upgrade as often as i do, your old parts are still usually worth at least 50% or more of what you paid for them, so its not as much out of pocket as you might expect.

I have a good job, no mortgage, no wife and no kids :) And yes, 4 million pixels is freaking awesome. I have wanted a 30" for a while but 1300 bucks for a monitor just wasnt plausible. 690, thats a different story :D

Also, when you upgrade as often as i do, your old parts are still usually worth at least 50% or more of what you paid for them, so its not as much out of pocket as you might expect.

Note to self.. stay single for the rest of my life... o_O

That's good... but wouldn't it be easier to just buy another GTX 260?

Yeah, couldn't another 260 do the trick? This way next time you need a lot better gpu power, you'll have more cash cause you didn't just buy 3 285s.

My guess is that he's aiming for 30k, since he was the first to 20k, he wants to lead the pack yet again...

But be happy he's getting GTX 285's because the Hardware Whores always sell parts cheap after they have done their job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom