Readon HD 4850 Graphics Card Problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmicash

Beta member
Hey guys,

I had recently bought a new graphics card, the Radeon HD 4850 512MB, for my computer. I plugged it in, installed the drivers for it, it worked fine.

But every time I play a game, Like just say.. World of Warcraft, the game goes fine for a while but then every minute or so I get about 10 seconds of REALLY bad skipping. I tested me FPS on WoW, Normally it's around 60-100, , but then in the 10 seconds of really bad skipping the FPS goes right down to around 10... And it doesn't just happen on WoW, It does it to all my games. It's annoying as ****.

I know it's my graphics card doing it because I was using an Nvidia 256MB graphics card beforehand and it NEVER used to do anything like this to me...

So, Can anyone help me identify whats causing this problem? Thank you so much in advance. :happy:

*Computer Specs*

Ram: 2GB Ram
CPU: AMD Dual Core Processer 2.6Ghz
Motherboard: Asus M2N-MX SE Motherboard
Hard drives: 80GB HDD and a 320GB HDD
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply

Thanks,

Matty

Do you have the most current drivers?

Most likely your PSU. 450watts is the lowest recommended psu for that card. If you psu is not of good quality it may not be giving you enough juice.

I have the current drivers.

So not having enough power for the card would cause a problem like I am having?

-Matt

It seems like everybody gives conflicting information about power supplies.

I have a similar system, except with a 4830 and a Corsair 400W.

Everyone here emphatically assured me that my 400W would be enough (almost more than enough).

So, I always tend to take PSU advice with a grain of salt, and never really know how much truth I'm really getting.

Remember the wattage is always all the rails combined, could have a really weak 12v rail but an overly powerful 5v rail that can make it appear that its a higher wattage.

Hey guys,

I had recently bought a new graphics card, the Radeon HD 4850 512MB, for my computer. I plugged it in, installed the drivers for it, it worked fine.

But every time I play a game, Like just say.. World of Warcraft, the game goes fine for a while but then every minute or so I get about 10 seconds of REALLY bad skipping. I tested me FPS on WoW, Normally it's around 60-100, , but then in the 10 seconds of really bad skipping the FPS goes right down to around 10... And it doesn't just happen on WoW, It does it to all my games. It's annoying as ****.

I know it's my graphics card doing it because I was using an Nvidia 256MB graphics card beforehand and it NEVER used to do anything like this to me...

So, Can anyone help me identify whats causing this problem? Thank you so much in advance. :happy:

*Computer Specs*

Ram: 2GB Ram
CPU: AMD Dual Core Processer 2.6Ghz
Motherboard: Asus M2N-MX SE Motherboard
Hard drives: 80GB HDD and a 320GB HDD
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply

Thanks,

Matty

I blame either PSU or high CPU usage causing a stutter, maybe even Hard Drive thrashing (Defrag, use CCleaner etc to fix it..)

It seems like everybody gives conflicting information about power supplies.

I have a similar system, except with a 4830 and a Corsair 400W.

Everyone here emphatically assured me that my 400W would be enough (almost more than enough).

So, I always tend to take PSU advice with a grain of salt, and never really know how much truth I'm really getting.

That's because Corsair is a good brand, where as in this case, he could have a bad company like XION or something.

Thanks for the replies guys.

@ Vernon, I don't think it's my hard-drive, I recently did a reformat and I basically have nothing on it yet apart form a few games. I CClean regularly too..

I don't know what brand my PSU is. I'll check it in a sec and post it. :p

Edit:

My PSU is only 350watts... I thought it was 450, Lol. It's made by a company called 'Atlas'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom