Bringing PC to Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luweegee

Beta member
Hi everyone, I am looking for a few suggestions before I bring my custom built pc to Iraq. I believe our living quarters runs off of generator power which may be 220v but I am not 100%. bottom line is I am looking for a universal power supply or surge protector or just something to help my computer from being fried by voltage spikes or anything crazy that might happen with the generator power. My boss had a p/s fried in his pc last time he was out and wanted to know how i can protect my investment the best.

Also if there is any other suggestions in protecting my computer in general I would appreciate it. it will be housed inside our small enclosed living quaters and will probably see mild sand and dust. Any ideas on how to keep it clean other then canned air and wiping it down?

I am pretty sure a power conditioner would help. Even if they run on 220 just flip your PSU switch over, but if they do run on 220, you may have to find a power conditioner that will handle 220 and 110.

If your living in US based housing or barracks they will be powered by 100v DC power. if you are living in host nation quarters, then of course it will be whatever the normal power is. BUt either way your PSU will handle 110v or 220v you just need the adaptor plug for that kind of outlet. but in extreme case, you will need a transformer to convert the power to what your machine requires.

alot of the new psu's run on both
they no longer have the switch on the back itl just flip to which ever it takes, my recomendation would be a surge protector and a batery back up, that way teh surge will go before the pc and teh batery back up will offer even more protection.

just on a side note... if your not living in well protected housing. I would HIGHLY recommend fans with dust filters on them that you an clean out on a regular basis. I know a LOT of people who lost a machine due to sand storms, and dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom