i7 vs Quad-Core and other questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, what do forums know? the q9300 at stock is faster than a q6600. and my q9300 is well on it's way above 3.6ghz. the q9300 was not a utter failure. still beat the older phenoms and q8xxx and q6600.

I mean at its time it was... it was a good bit more expensive than q6600 and back then you needed a really solid board to do a good OC... I didn't say it was an utter failure now.. back then it was... now... it kind of is since q9400 is cheaper

ok, well my boad dosent seem to have a problem doing 1900+mhz i really want to break the 2ghz on fsb mark. needs moar tweeking tho. this ram is strange.

ok, well my boad dosent seem to have a problem doing 1900+mhz i really want to break the 2ghz on fsb mark. needs moar tweeking tho. this ram is strange.

That's odd stuff...

MOAR.jpg

YOU NEED MOAR VOLTAGE AND MOAR OC'ING..

Ricanflow said he got 3850Mhz right now, and on Xfire he said he's trying 3931.4mhz, still screwing with it though.

hmm yes, so far 1.45v is pumping through it's veins. i know this board will do 2ghz fsb easily just have not had the time to play with this "finickey" ram. 3.8ghz is gonna be hard to beat. i think i can do it. bong wizard got his to 3.9ghz. i'm confident i can do it.

ok this is what I just did, any opinions would be welcomed, and any upgrade ideas are definitely welcomed...but remember I do not game, well atleast yet

I just bought the Powerspec G401 system.
It's built in a coolermaster case

I added a 1.5 TB Seagate 7200 HD
and I added a Hauppauge 1250 HDTV card

I only paid $1,050 for the machine, plus my extras it totaled out at $1,333

here are the complete specs

powerspecG401

now onto a monitor. Any suggestions? I am going to be watching movies on it a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom