Need help overclocking my fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. This is what I was asking for a while ago.. I turned my rig on the other day, had it running for 45 min just on the internet and my 4870x1 1G was idling at 73*c!!!!! WTF?!!

I just turned my fan to 40% and it sits @ 44* now.. I'll play a game later to test everything.

[/hijack]

Have you checked for dust? The card could be clogged up and chocked for air.

Why are you trying to underlcock your gpu? The 9600gt is far from fast. If anything you should be overclocking it. And please speak English. This isn't AIM.

Well sorry that its a habbit, you should be able to at least tell what I'm saying... and I don't know how fast it is but I need it to be underclocked if you actually read what was going on maybe you would know why I'm trying to turn the specs down... and as far as I'm concerned long as I can get what I want out of my video card I couldn't care less about having it more powerful. Its working great with thoughs settings, keeping it over 10 degrees celsius cooler when playing a game, and about 4-5 degrees celcius idle. Its not shutting off anymore which is all i cared about, I don't care about the speed of it. If i overclocked it in the state it's at that would be idiotic. I'll probably end up having it shutdown at idle if I did something that... And is the english a bit better?

60C on load for a 9600GT is normal, not the best but its perfectly fine.

I wouldint worry about temps untill you get past 70C.

Its OVER 70 degrees celcius when playing a game. As i said when i exit the game it was about 73 degrees celsius when i exit the game the one time. I'm lucky i got that chance to exit before it shutting off. Now i dont' even know how hot it CAN get though. Becuz this was only like 1 minute into the game. I wasn't actually playing the game lol. It was only me setting the options, and it went to these temps. When i was playing and when it shutoff, didn't have a chance to check. But I'm sure it got hotter then 70 degrees if just the menu put me at 73ish degrees celcius.

I think the main problem is that he is running a stock 250w hp/compaq psu.

I believe your right 100%. I'm sure I'm still going to have problems, but It seems that the underclocking to the specs of what philbar said is working for now. I'm probably going to get that PSU yous were talking about because I wouldn't doubt yous in anyway that it won't hold my video card, specially when you know a lot more then me lol. But I'm short on money at the moment so I'll have to wait for that.

Dude use the edit button. Triple posting is not cool.

so let me get this. You are running a crap psu and are getting 70C under load on the gpu?

What kind of case is this in? You could have poor airflow. Judging by the psu I bet its in the case it came with which is either old or a cheap oem case. If you have bad airflow, which both of those would cause, your temps will be high. A fan can only cool well if you give it cool air.

If you solve the airflow and psu issues then there should be no need to underlcock the card.

Dude use the edit button. Triple posting is not cool.

so let me get this. You are running a crap psu and are getting 70C under load on the gpu?

What kind of case is this in? You could have poor airflow. Judging by the psu I bet its in the case it came with which is either old or a cheap oem case. If you have bad airflow, which both of those would cause, your temps will be high. A fan can only cool well if you give it cool air.

If you solve the airflow and psu issues then there should be no need to underlcock the card.

I don't what case it is, its stock. It probably does have bad airflow, and with 1 fan which is an exhaust fan, theres not much I'm getting cooled. My CPU fan doesn't run high, but my CPU is fine. Obviously my GPU fan isn't good. Yes the PSU is crap and i'm going to be getting a new one soon. For now my problem is solved so no need to post here anymore. I know what i need to get and for now, my GPU is running decent enough until i can get a new PSU and better fans, maybe even a new case. I do want to overclock my GPU, but I can't. I NEED it underclocked to try and save the temps from going insanely high. Sorry about the triple post too, didn't know the command for quotes. Not much of a forumer, but needed help with this and I guess theres not much I can do until taxes, so leave it at that. Honestly, i wouldn't even know a good setup for air flow :/ not much on computers besides knowing a few things about them, I'm not a tech and I never really studied computers. If i tried to overclock my card i'd probably fry it without help lol. If you want to tell me something just message me =) this thread is good as done now because I see what I need know.

Just crank up the fan speed on the card in Rivatuner.

Done.

Not done... the fans are at max, I already had help with that on the first post.... read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom