AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

^ Mine wasn't exactly matching either, but After I give it a couple minutes, the readings start to match.

Ohh.. PC prob is crap too.. that isn't very accurate, I use it for Temp readings and CPU useage and that's it..

pc wizard has not been crap to me.

the temp readings are 99% perfect match from cpu readings from bios and gpu readings from evga percision tool

it allways matches what cpu-z shows for the other info for me aswell.

the only reading that is bad in my pc-wizard is AUX temp, shows 127C idle and 90C under load

link to my screenshot of this, you will just have to take my word on my bios cpu reading, but i have no reason to lie.
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17/tastegw/pcwizard-1.jpg

I'm debating building a new AMD machine when I have the money to really shell out. I have a i7 build wishlist, but I'm getting really excited with the new AMD lineup...I never thought I would feel this way about AMD ever again, but thanks to the PII, I can finally wear my "AMD Stomps!" newegg shirt again with pride.

UPDATE:
Bumped my Vcore to 1.4500 and CPU to 16.5x and it seems stable soo far @ 3.31g.. I tried 1.4500 and 1.625 on a 17X and it wouldn't have it.. so I guess this is where I'm at for now until I get my PII 940... :D

Heh, I think his "want" is kicking in now.
I was perfectly fine with my s939 or my 5000BE.
However, I wanted a PII 940 lol.

He's getting the boaters "2 footitis" lol.

Funny....didnt you say earlier you were fine with a 9950?
Yes.. But read below... LOL

Heh, I think his "want" is kicking in now.
I was perfectly fine with my s939 or my 5000BE.
However, I wanted a PII 940 lol.

He's getting the boaters "2 footitis" lol.

Yes... I WANT more!!!!!!!!!! Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!! -I want 3.5g+ on a CPU- PII 940 coming soon w maybe an extra 4870!I just don't know how I'm gonna cool the second card w a new LCS on the way..

Dude, you should sell that Phenom 9950... I saw an eBay auction where one went for $120

i OCed my Phenom II 940 from 3.655GHz to 3.7GHz thx to my new HAF case lowering temps by 5 C. I'm 100% stable. I also increased NB voltage from 1.3 to 1.4, which is very warm! According to CPU-Z, i increased Bus Speed from 215 tp 218 and Multiplier is still x17.0. RAM now has a DRAM/ I/O frequency of 436MHz, RAM frequency is now 874. HT Link is now at 1962MHz.

I'll have to hit u up w the specs when I get mine in..

I COULD sell mine! I never thought of it.. Or put together another rig and sell that for $500/$600.. I asked my buddy if he wanted it for when he builds his new rig, he's lookin at a PII 940 also.

If you sell that Phenom 9950 cheap enough, I might try to get it off your hands....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom