Q9550 Build - First Ever Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously if his budget allows it, he should get the most powerful card he can.

Don't see the point in getting a tricyle when a Harley can be had at the same price.

Dude.

9600GSO or 9600GT would be good here (CUDA). There is too much of a gap between the 9500GT and the 9600GT to not warrant upgrading.

If its his first build and he didnt state his budget i wouldnt be recommending such a basic card. Midstream video card would be best here.

Newegg.com - MSI N9600GT-T2D512-OC GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Overclocked MSI 9600GT, that is like $25 more than a 9500GT, not to mention a very nice rebate.

+1 to that, the video encoding you can do on a nvidia card is much faster than a traditional cpu.

dont count on rebates... consider them a bonus.
Omg.... i actually said to myself: "I bet someone is going to try to discredit my entire argument and just say dont count on rebates". And without fail you did, without even reading what i said. Its still only like $25-$30 more and you get like twice the performance. THEN take into account rebates which i have not included in what i just said.

Geez. I really need to start being super careful with what i say around here.

Seriously if his budget allows it, he should get the most powerful card he can.

Don't see the point in getting a tricyle when a Harley can be had at the same price.
Exactly, there is absolutely no way you can come up with a valid argument to backup you recommending a 9500GT over my recommended 9600GT when the price difference is so minuscule. Try it. You will Fail.

Omg.... i actually said to myself: "I bet someone is going to try to discredit my entire argument and just say dont count on rebates". And without fail you did, without even reading what i said. Its still only like $25-$30 more and you get like twice the performance. THEN take into account rebates which i have not included in what i just said.

Geez. I really need to start being super careful with what i say around here.

Exactly, there is absolutely no way you can come up with a valid argument to backup you recommending a 9500GT over my recommended 9600GT when the price difference is so minuscule. Try it. You will Fail.

if you consider agreeing with your first point, distinguishing no one knows on the second, and then me saying exactly what you are apparently reclarifying here now discrediting your entire arguement, you fail. the whole point here is that there is always something better, and people are recommending a dodge viper over a camry for my commute of going across the street... BECAUSE ITS BETTER. dont bother saving your money for something that you actually need, buy something that you dont need and wont utilize and let its value go down.

i didnt recommend a 9500 over a 9600 because it was so much better, i said there was nothing wrong with it if you dont game. which the OP doesnt do. the guy who cant speak english said get a 4870 only, because nothing else will work and we wouldnt want to go outside of the template for a recommended computer around here, with me replying WHY? i know that it is better. i have one. its awesome. i game. the OP doesnt. i utilize my 9600. he wont. is it worth $25 more? maybe, probably? did i say dont get that it sucks? no, i said we dont even know the budget. he probably likes cold beer and hot coffee, someone recommend getting the usb cooler and warmer. its 1000% better than leaving it on your desk, and only costs 30$ more than doing nothing.

Geez. I really need to start being super careful with what i say around here when its that time of the month...

This thread = win.

A better card might be better in the long run price permitting. However the card in question will be fine most of the power we are talking about is going to be coming from the CPU, Memory, HDD. + 1 on the using multiple HDD for bottelneck issues.

i didnt recommend a 9500 over a 9600 because it was so much better, i said there was nothing wrong with it if you dont game. which the OP doesnt do. the guy who cant speak english said get a 4870 only, because nothing else will work and we wouldnt want to go outside of the template for a recommended computer around here, with me replying WHY? i know that it is better. i have one. its awesome. i game. the OP doesnt.

Whoa man take it easy. First of all the OP hasn't replied since the 24th. And he never said that he doesn't game. Just wait till he posts back and we'll see what his thoughts are on everyone's suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom