AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Rican got his Phenom 940 to 3.9ghz on air.

Not to mention the fact that the 920 can hit 3.5ghz+ as well.

OMG.. I don't think I could contain myself!! I'd prolly have an asthma attack while I'm tweakin it!! That was frickin exciting doing that last night!! I've never done it before and my BIOS has scads of options for OCing.. I couldn't believe how easy that was!!

It's stable now @ 3.2g.. 16x @ 1.425 1.96 @ 45*c. .. It's been running all day... Been going thru my normal routine now.. Gonna play me some COD WaW soon! :)

Dang! Can't wait to get me Hands on PII 940!!!! :D :D

OMG!! I LOVE this computer!!!! Adrenline rush is RIGHT!!! -Pfew!!! Gettin my heart rate up! -please refrain from petting the computer-

Multi tasking MONSTER!!!!!!!!! \m/..\m/ :D :D Got some good metal tunes running too!

This thing runs like a champ for me, but as soon as my buddy comes over, it acts up.. He taught me how to build rigs over a year ago, and I think I passed him out, as far as new stuff (Thanks to Tech-Forums!), but he knows a LOT more about programing than I do.. He actually asked ME for GPU advice last week! -I was quite flattered.

The PII has no problem overclocking, proven by the guys in Finland. The main limiting factor, besides the mobo, is heat. They got a 940 to over 6.5ghz with liquid helium.

Liquid Helium benching - Las Vegas XS OC event - XtremeSystems Forums

im suspect on my mobo, ;( my bios vcore isnt matching my cpu-z readings, + pc wizard shows same results as cpu-z

1.472 is my cap with this mobo (altho bios allows up to 1.55), im unhappy with that.

and oh, thx fot the comment on the sig (made it after watching afro samori)

^ Mine wasn't exactly matching either, but After I give it a couple minutes, the readings start to match.

Ohh.. PC prob is crap too.. that isn't very accurate, I use it for Temp readings and CPU useage and that's it..

well, i ordered my CoolerMaster HAF off Amazon for $152.61. It jumped to $174.89 when i ordered it earlier today but then i corrected it with Amazon tonight and they changed the price to $152.61. Saved $22.28! I will get my case the week of Feb 2nd. People in those reviews on Amazon said that temps dropped dramatically like 20 C degrees switching to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom