Digital TV Deadline Faces Vote, May be Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they cant get a signal is because the anilog signals are still being boosted. The digital signals will take over that space and be boosted once they are allowed to stop broadcasting analog, which at this rate will be sometime around 2013.

Central KY has gone all digital, there is no longer analog in the area, but I do not see why the old analog freqs are in the way, they are different than the digital ones...

Veedub, I have to say I couldn't agree more with you on all points. We are forced to wait on this because of 6 million out of the US's 300 million population? So like 2%? Those people likely still won't be ready by the new deadline, and if he keeps extending it, they will continue to see no point in getting a digital converter.

Good; need to get it over with. Will get people off of their butts and show them that its happening whether they like it or not.

The problem is, it was a "rush" type thing, so it required 2/3's vote, which means it still might make it through because they can send it back up for vote using the normal process :(

We brits already have this system in place however my area won't swap to complete digital until 2012. Just in time for me to lay back on my sofa and await the mayan predicted apocalipse I hope. Or the planet will be aligned with the centre of the milky way which btw is not our planets native galaxy, also theorised is a planet on squiffy orbit will return close to the sun casuing solar system disturbances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom