Computer makes a different beeping sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have another machine to try the video card and ram in and I don't know anybody that has one either.

I tried different ram and still the same thing. Do you think updating the mobo bios will help any? Is there a chance of losing everything?

Here is a different list of beep codes from the one previously posted. I have highlighted the tones you posted on youtube in green:

IBM (long+short beeps)
No Beeps No Power, Loose Card, or Short.
1 Short Beep Normal POST, computer is ok.
2 Short Beep POST error, review screen for error code.
Continuous Beep No Power, Loose Card, or Short.
Repeating Short Beep No Power, Loose Card, or Short.
One Long and one Short Beep Motherboard issue.
One Long and Two short Beeps Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue.
One Long and Three Short Beeps. Video (EGA) Display Circuitry.
Three Long Beeps Keyboard / Keyboard card error.
One Beep, Blank or Incorrect Display Video Display Circuitry.
MACINTOSH (different tones)
Error Tone. (two sets of different tones) Problem with logic board or SCSI bus.
Startup tone, drive spins, no video Problem with video controller.
Powers on, no tone. Logic board problem.
High Tone, four higher tones. Problem with SIMM.

So as you can see, everything, unfortunately, points to a mobo, memory or electrical problem. I'm sorry to say that you may have to bite the bullet and take it somewhere to know for sure.:(

I think I figured out the problem. It has something to do with the usb wires. If I plug them in, it does nothing when I hit the power button. To get it working again, I have to unhook all three of them and unplug the 24pin and 4pin main connector and plug the main connector back in.

Is it possible that if I have the usb wires hooked up wrong, it would cause the problem? Or could it be that the PSU does not have enough power to power it on with the usb wires hooked up, maybe PSU is going bad?

I am going to hook the usb wires up the opposite way and see what happens.

Should the computer beep every time you restart it or does it just beep when you turn it on?

Not to be rude but these are not the same problems. One has two do with pc not turning on because of usb wires and the other is about the beep codes.

Doesn't matter you can solve more than one problem on the same PC in one thread. No need to create 2 my friend.

Have you tried a new PSU yet?

I just figured this might get a little confusing having two problems in one thread.

No I haven't tried another PSU. I don't have another one.

Is it possible if the usb wires are hooked up wrong, it would cause the computer not to turn on at all? I am going to mess with it some more and see what I can get figured out.

I think I figured out the problem with the beeping. I had the CPU fan control set on auto in the bios. I changed it to PWM and it beeps like it should now. Why would that cause it?

I also figured out the problem with the computer not turning on. If one of the usb wires are hooked up wrong, it will cause the computer to not turn on. I have to unplug the main connector and plug it back in and it works.

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom