New mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
I didn't quite know which category to post this in, I hope this is the right one.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I got an MS Wireless Laser Mouse 7000; it has a lot of handy features which work quite well; standard extra buttons, scroll wheel goes left+right as well as up+down, yada yada. Despite this, however, it's crap. Whenever I left-click, the spring under it squeaks like mad, both when I click and when I let go; squeak-squeak. Playing FPSs is a nightmare.
Also, with my old unbranded laser mouse, I was able to move my cursor down the screen without moving a pixel left or right, with this it's jumping all over the place., maybe 5-10 pixels either way, it's very difficult to target anything correctly. Just pressing the 'Submit New Thread' button down there is going to be difficult.

Anyway, I'm going to be sending this back; can anyone recommend a good mouse? Here are what I'm hoping for in it:
- Wireless - Not a necessity, but I watch tv on my comp, and I often take my mouse over to the sofa so I don't have to get up and click it :p
- At least two extra buttons - I've gotten so accustomed to having a back button on the mouse, makes everything so much easier.
- Right-handed - Also not a necessity, just nice. One good thing about the MS 7000 is that it's really well-designed ergonomically.
- Internal rechargeable battery - Would like this, obviously only with a wireless. I think I have a battery charger somewhere so probably not a necessity.
- Decent quality - I don't have any particular budget, under £50/$70 would be good.

Thanks all!

Edit: I did check to see if there was a 'recommended mouses' thread, couldn't find one.

So your mouse squeaks then?

Anyway, Razer is about to release a new wireless mouse, called the Mamba
Otherwise, the Logitech G7 is descent (the Mamba would be better though)

Mine used to squeak (when it was new), just stopped after a while... but very annoying when it did do it...

Maybe mess around with your sensitivity setings before buying a new one...?

G5 v2 is a very good mouse that's also well-priced.

the Razer Mamba will probably be the best mouse to get, and it's wireless (it has a 1ms latency, same as the best wired mice, as well as being superior in other specifications)

Only issue I have with wireless mice is the battery changing. I know it's a small gripe to most but it just really annoys the heck out of me. Especially when you need to charge or change them right in the middle of something important.

Only issue I have with wireless mice is the battery changing. I know it's a small gripe to most but it just really annoys the heck out of me. Especially when you need to charge or change them right in the middle of something important.
You can use the Mamba as a wired mouse too. It has a USB cable that you can plug in to the front.

Plus, I think it's rated to last about 14 house of continuous gaming, or 72 hours idle.

Mamba looks perfect for me except for the price :p, as far as I can tell it's like £60-70?

I'm thinking of going for the G9, I've read some reviews of the G7 and they weren't very good and the G9 is just in my price range, though I'll go now and have a look at the G5v2.

There's a reason the G5 is the top selling gaming mouse. It isn't the best at all but for the price it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom