Q9550 Build - First Ever Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude.

I also convert Movies... alot at a time...

9600GSO or 9600GT would be good here (CUDA). There is too much of a gap between the 9500GT and the 9600GT to not warrant upgrading.

If its his first build and he didnt state his budget i wouldnt be recommending such a basic card. Midstream video card would be best here.

Yes it will, it can handle any game on at least decent settings on standard resolutions.

Going to have to disagree there and side with qHooteX. 9500GT does around 23fps in most modern games (i think GRAW2 does okay though) at even 1280x1024 which is a very basic res.

Newegg.com - MSI N9600GT-T2D512-OC GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Overclocked MSI 9600GT, that is like $25 more than a 9500GT, not to mention a very nice rebate.

9600GSO or 9600GT would be good here (CUDA). There is too much of a gap between the 9500GT and the 9600GT to not warrant upgrading.

If its his first build and he didnt state his budget i wouldnt be recommending such a basic card. Midstream video card would be best here.
it IS a midstream card. he says he doesnt game. this card will run wow and bioshock at full settings. this card is rated higher than my 7900gs that i could run hl2 at nearly full settings. the OP can buy whatever he wants, but lets assume that he posted the price that he came up with as his budget. will a few bucks more hurt? i dont know, but if he does need it, and if he thinks he'll notice 3 seconds in encoding times, id gladly say get the 9600 gt.
Going to have to disagree there and side with qHooteX. 9500GT does around 23fps in most modern games (i think GRAW2 does okay though) at even 1280x1024 which is a very basic res.
if he played modern games, and that was the purpose of this build, he might have mentioned it...

dont count on rebates... consider them a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom