an I7 build on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

heister

In Runtime
i need to build an I7 machine from scratch os and all.....

im using this not for gaming but for multi tasking and multi screen setup

id like to go around 1300 to 1500

Do you also need a monitor in that budget? Keyboard and mouse? If you do want a monitor what size did you have in mind?

I don't really think the words 'i7' and 'budget' should belong in the same sentence lol. But honestly, just have a look on the internet for some rough prices to give your self a guide.

well i currently dont need a monitor as i have my 32 inch HDTV that i can use for the moment but i would like to eventually use up to 8 monitors which is why i am chossing an I7 based platform over a Q based quad platform and i have a keyboard and mouse as well

well if you wanna run 8 monitors, you'll need more than one GPU, but because you're not doing any heavy gaming, we can go with less expensive cards, i'd recommend something like a 3850/70, so

GPUs -> 2x Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100225DDR3L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards <- comes to $150 after rebates

CPU/Mobo -> Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! <- $510

RAM -> Newegg.com - mushkin 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory <- $120

PSU -> Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies <- $100 after rebate

HDD -> 2x Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives <- $130

Optical Drive -> Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners <- $25

HSF -> Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks <- $30 after rebate (SunbeamTech now has an LGA1366 bracket available)

Case -> Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases <- $95 after rebate (i think this is a pretty sexy case, but its all a matter of taste, so you can choose whatever you want as long as everything fits)

which comes to just $1160 after rebates but before shipping...

that'll only run 4 monitors, but you can always go the USB monitor adapter way (Newegg.com - StarTech USB to DVI Adapter USB2DVI USB 2.0 Interface - TV Tuners & Video Devices <- i've seen cheaper before (ie less than $10), but that was just a quick newegg search) or you can add more GPUs

you might also want a separate audio card... if so, check this one out -> Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards <- $50

thanks man thats really nice i was thinking somehting along the lines of the 9800 cards for gpu what do you think of that?

why 9800s?? also, GTs or GTXs?? i just think the 9 series cards are quite overpriced for the performance they offer, and the fact that you're not gonna be doing any heavy gaming makes me think the 3870s would be a better choice for you... plus if you do decide to start gaming a bit, you can switch CF on and they'll perform like a GTX 260 or HD 4870 (in games that do CF/SLi decently)... but if you're set on 9800s for some reason (CUDA??), they'll be a pretty sweet choice, but the g92 based 8 series cards will perform equally as well as their corresponding 9s, and should be cheaper too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom