1 EIDE=10 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo90

In Runtime
can u split 1 EIDE controller to connect up to 4 devices?

Are you talking about the actual controller, or about the IDE port? For the controller, you can have several devices (There probably is an upper limit, but I don't know it at the moment).

As for the actual port. You can have 2 devices per port. 1 master and 1 slave. That's all :D

If only from the mobo, you can have a max of 4-8 devices, depending on yer mobo. Most only support 4, (2 on each channel).

You can add in a PCI IDE controller card to add another channel.

my mobs can support 18.3
Really? Your motherboard can support 18.3 EIDE devices?

I wish I could test this, but I'm afraid I don't have a mobo that has IDE channel strings for more than 8 devices (Giga-byte sells a mobo that has 4 IDE strings).

I also can't seem to find 0.3 of an IDE device. Maybe if I get a hacksaw?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though and assume it's just yer fingers that are stupid and you typed 18.3 instead of 183. Still, most mobos can only support up to four (4) IDE devices. To hook up more than four (4) IDE HDD drives (for instance) you would have to add a second controller card (or you could throw some onto the SATA chains [if you have them] to get 2-4 more).

shoobierat is wrong as usual
Since bla!! is saying the same thing I am, you need to tell him he's wrong as usual, too. Make sure you do a thorough job of being assinine, Lone, else people will think you're not paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom