750i System Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikeAnywhere45

Beta member
Currently (idle) SpeedFan reports a system temperature of 86 C on my new EVGA 750i. I was just wondering if this is a normal operational temperature or if something might be wrong. I've seen this temperature reach over 100 before (which scares me because I don't need my computer boiling water). Any input would be appreciated.

On a side note I'm thinking of buying an aftermarket CPU cooler for my Q9300. Currently it's at 28 with the fours cores ranging from 37 - 45 C (any help on evening that out a bit is also appreciated). Under load core temps can get into the low 60s and was just wondering if y'all think that an aftermarket solution is a good idea.

Thanks for any input!

Currently (idle) SpeedFan reports a system temperature of 86 C on my new EVGA 750i. I was just wondering if this is a normal operational temperature or if something might be wrong. I've seen this temperature reach over 100 before (which scares me because I don't need my computer boiling water). Any input would be appreciated.

On a side note I'm thinking of buying an aftermarket CPU cooler for my Q9300. Currently it's at 28 with the fours cores ranging from 37 - 45 C (any help on evening that out a bit is also appreciated). Under load core temps can get into the low 60s and was just wondering if y'all think that an aftermarket solution is a good idea.

Thanks for any input!

86C would be very dangerous, but speedfan is often inaccurate. Try coretemp or Everest.

Core Temp only gave me temperatures for my processor cores and EVEREST only game the temperature for the overall CPU and nothing else.....I'll try restarting.

Restarted and nothing changes. But it's been running the way it is now for 2 weeks with no problems but I still would like an accurate reading on my temperatures so I determine how i'm going to OC. I'm about to go to bed for tonight but will check back in tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

The system info tool also shows video card temps and voltages. The Asus temp probe is another often used. But dump SpeedFan just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom