Should I Get This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0M30n3

Baseband Member
Hello I'm about to build my first comp and im just wonderin wot the pros think of it, the idea is to stay around £500-£530 ive picked out these parts and any comments would be useful

AMD (Newcastle) Athlon 64bit 3000+ 754pin/512 L2cache Retail Boxed with 3 Year Warranty CPU

Western Digital Caviar 120Gb 7200rpm EIDE Hard Drive - OEM

Casecom KG-999 ATX Case In Beige With LCD Display and Front Usb/Audio/1394

Sony Double Layer 8x DVD Dual R/rw - OEM

Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR DVI-I TV-Out Lite Retail Box

gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro

They are the main parts so any suggestions?

Looks good, could you say what ur gonna use this system for so every1 can tell u if u need to get a better part. u also may need a good soundcard (Better quality) if u want to watch movies and so on.;)

yeh on the giga byte site it says that its 8 channel but wd that mean i would have 2 buy a soundcard that is 8 channel or does it come with one already. The computer will be for all round use, im 15 so u can imagen wanna play games do some programin and watch some dvds, also it would help if it could run server things well as i hope to run a few things

8 channel means the onboard can handle 7.1 ( i think ) so it should be good. take it in mind that onboard sound cant beat a audigy pci sound card. 9600xt will have decent frame rates but if u want better peforemance get a 9800pro. get 160 gb, it wont cost too much. if u cant get any money for this then stick with a 9600xt and get a bigger hard drive if u wanna do server stuff.:)

I wouldn't recommend getting Gigabyte's line of boards for the Athlon64. Click here to read why (my 3rd to last post).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom