Q9550 Build - First Ever Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBree

Baseband Member
Well im not really building this computer but im buyin the parts to have someone i know build it for me...So what im askin is to all of you that know alot about computers to help me i can breifly describe what im planning to do with it...

I do alot of downloading and Uploading...I listen to Alot of music and multitask alot...Im Looking for a TB of HDD and around 4-6 GB of Ram....
I also convert Movies... alot at a time... tv series things like that so it slows my computer down...

So Far i have these parts together

1. CPU- Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

2. MOBO - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

3. RAM - Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

4. Power Supply - Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

5. Graphics Card - Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N954-TR GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

6. HDD - Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

7. Case - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

8. DVD/CD Burner - Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

If this helps so far with shipping its added up to 786.89 with rebates

Please help me make sure that all the parts fit and are compatible with each other and are left open to RAM Upgrades and adding HDDs and possibly OC in future..

Thanks alot if you can help

If you plan to convert multiple files at a time, you might want to have more separate hard drives for each conversion your doing... since having only 1 HDD will most likely bottleneck the system if multiple files are being converted at once.

what operating system will you be using? You will want an aftermarket cooler if you plan to OC in the future.

ya i was gunna get the cooler later wen im about to OC....Windows Home Premium 64 bit

But he said, "Build - First Ever Build". Tell your budget, and I try to collect something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom