Looking for new Vid Card. Help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
Right now I have two Visiontek 4870 512mb in crossfire. I'm not really happy with the performance, noise, heat, etc....

So I'm looking for a new video card that will out perform better my two 4870's by the largest possible margin... I need crazy mad frame rates for Crysis. I like the looks of the 295 for sure but I have a crossfire MB. Will it still work at it's highest potential with my current setup?

Right now I have $300 to put towards this. I don't mind waiting and saving up the other $200 for the 295 but my question is, is the 295 the best pick for what I want.

Any suggestions?

You really want to get something better than two 4870s? :freak: I'm surprised you don't get crazy mad framerates in Crysis already, are you sure Crysis is using both cards?

When I first was picking out my parts to use in my build I thought that it would be more than enough. Like for Battlefiled 2 Project Reality Mod I only get up to 150 frames or so and they dip down to low 50's at times... This is just BF2, for real...

My framerates in Crysis are only in the 30's and 40's...

At what resolution?

Anyway the only card that I would consider a worthwhile upgrade from what you have is the GTX 295

Do you mean 1680x1050?

Hard to think CF 4870s aren't enough........anyway yeah the only decent upgrade would be a GTX 295, and the performance won't be that much better (in Crysis it will for sure though).

Do you mean 1680x1050?

Hard to think CF 4870s aren't enough........anyway yeah the only decent upgrade would be a GTX 295, and the performance won't be that much better (in Crysis it will for sure though).

Yes, I'm sorry 1680x1050 is correct.

I would think it would be too but it hasn't been the case.. I've tried new drivers, reinstalling vista, etc.. Everything I've tried results in the same performance..

Now I've taken one card out and used it, ran bench marks, played games and it is faster with the two of them in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom