Whats the diffrence???

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
Whats the diffrence between Intel I7 920 and Intel I7 940 if you can overclock the 920 to higher values????

And is there any use of installing a higher bus speed DDR3 RAM with the I7 bucause it can at MAX go wid 1066MHz.......

and what the **** is SLI and CROSSFIRE .......Cant understand a thing about grafix cards?????.....need desperate help!!!!!!!

My knowledge in this area is a bit rusty so if any comcept is wrong plz help me clear it out:D

I'll try to go easy on the vocabulary..

SLI- use of two nVidia cards
Crossfire- two AMD/ATi Radeon Cards

You can install any DDR3, there's a slight performance advantage, but not a noticeable one..

Well i7 920 has a lower multiplier, but the 940 is a lot more expensive and both will cap around the same place

But what does SLI do??????.......what is oit used for.........Cant I run a Radon n NIVIDI together???

SLI: 2 Nvidia cards to get better graphics
Crossfire: 2 ATI ( ATI is a different graphics card manufacturer) Cards to get better graphics...

They're just 2 cards in one system. They're 2 different names, because of 2 different manufactuers.

And no you can't run a nvidia and ati card together... as far as i know

You can, but SLI or CFX is disabled you could use the other for like extra monitors or somethign

Basically SLI and Crossfire is supposed to relieve the load on the 1st card, pretty much giving you better performance.

Is the nividia 5500 SLi supportiv????? Are all cards supportive of SLi????......and about the processor..........can't we change the multiplier of the 920????? do we need a specific mobo to do that job?????

you dont want to run sli/crossfire with 2 low quality/mid-ranged cards.

usualy your money is best spent on one solid card.

as far as i7 goes, overclocking can be done in bios, most motherboards that i know of offer this in bios, but dont even think about trying this unless you know what your doing (read up on overclocking and how to do it and what to do)

to run sli, you need to of the same cards ex: 2x gtx 260's.
you cannot sli a 8800gts with a 8800gt.

crossfire is different i think, but both cards need to be crossfire ready.

only extreme gamers and benchmarkers use these methods (sli and crossfire)
one high end card will do the rest of us plenty good.

Got that..........Done some research on overclocking.....It looks like that the asus P6T Delux can change the BCLK frquency........But it didn't say any thing of changing the multiplier...............and I've heard rumours that the I7 920 and 940 have their multipliers locked......WTF!!!!!!....can't they be unlocked or some thing??????

They can't be unlocked, only the Extreme Editions can (that's hte reason they are usually upwards of $1000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom