Need Help For Re-installing Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin nguyen

Solid State Member
Hi to all friend in forum. when I was home from holiday, I realized the current Vista Business in my laptop have been replaced by a cracked Vista Ultimate by my young brother.This made me upset and confused. Because with a cracked version, it cant' be updated or went wrong, it is hard to fix.
Iam just a pc beginner, an one can show me how to re-install its original version?
Please note, when I bought this ASUS laptop from retailer, I have only enclosed recovery disc but not Vista Business disc for the software (I still keep its product key). And I can't get help from neither Microsoft nor ASUS
If you can, please show me from the first step. THNX
:mad::confused::shocked::angry:

Re: Need Help For Re-installing Window

If you have the original cd key you can get a copy of vista business and use that to reinstall or call asus and see if they will send you a copy.
Then lock your brother out of the computer.

what about doing a system restore from the partition? you may not need the disc if you do that... it will restore it back top factory specs, as if you bought it yesterday, but the only drawback to that would be updating everything again and loading your programs back on it... (not to mention backing up all your data as well) what model ASUS is it?

what about doing a system restore from the partition? you may not need the disc if you do that... it will restore it back top factory specs, as if you bought it yesterday, but the only drawback to that would be updating everything again and loading your programs back on it... (not to mention backing up all your data as well) what model ASUS is it?

Thanks Nukem for replying. My ASUS is Intel Core2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz, 1.0GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X2300, 18 months old out of warranty.
However as said I'm a beginner, I then can only do normal system restore but not "from the partition"

what's the model number... We can see if it even has a restore partition on it. If it does, then we can walk you thru it if that is something you wish to try... but again, you would have to back everything up to do it.

what's the model number... We can see if it even has a restore partition on it. If it does, then we can walk you thru it if that is something you wish to try... but again, you would have to back everything up to do it.

Sorry mate I 4got. It's PRO 31 JR, 15 months old

It should have a Recovery Partition. Hit F8, F11 or F12 right after the BIOS screen flashes. See if that gives you the option to choose which partition to boot to. If you see one that says Recovery then select that.

That should take you right into the process of restoring the factory settings. It isnt to hard to follow. ;)

You can put all of your things on an external harddrive (or another computer), reset to factory defaults, and then reinstall windows using the CD that came with your laptop.

I'm not sure what this does to registry keys, but here is a link that could explain what happens better than I can.
How to Reinstall Windows Without Losing Your Data

I think this deserves to be in a computer problems forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom