Need help overclocking my fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure? becuz it says to have at leasta 400W powersupply for it. Also I wanted a new processor becuz i only have a 2.66 AMD dual core atm. I wanted to get a bit more speed on my computer. And ether of thos quad cores will probably take more power. Might try the 380W but that one i posted looked cool =)

One more thing. It says i have a chipset of a AM2 thoughs say AM2+ there any difference between that?

BUMP for my thread becuz i still have some unanswered questions. Last few questions i still need answered is 1. Is there anyway to turn the specs on my video card down. Like "Underclock" it to try and reduce the heat and power consumtion. 2. Is there a difference between an AM2 chipset and an AM2+ chipset?

After these are answered everyone tyvm much for the quick responses. Wish there was a "Thanks" feature on this forums. I've resorted to putting a fan up besides my computer for now. Hopefully taking some of the power my video card offers down a bit, it'll run cooler and take a bit less to work with. I'll be getting a better PSU and thanks too everyone here i know exactly what i need and whats compatiable for my computer, execpt for the last question with the AM2 and AM2+ chipset. Income taxes are coming soon and ill be getting the things i need soon but hopefully im not stuck with not being able to do anything for the next few weeks, so hopefully i can get creative on how to keep it cool. I'm going to go with my friends idea of the 700W+ power supply tho. Becuz even tho you say the 380 will hold it, I will at least be happy with the fact I'll be able to do more with a better power supply then buying a new one to try and work with a better setup. and last thing, hopefully one say i'll be able to pass down this knowledge i earned from yous to someone else =)

1: yes, use riva tuner.
2: yes there is a difference between am2 and am2+ is much newer and some mobo's support the new phenom II's

Ok but rivatuner doesn't allow me to turn the specs on it down. It allows up, but no down lol. In nTune though it can go down... infact it can go down alot lol. The speeds it running at are

Core bus: 650Mhz
Memory bus: 900Mhz

Core can be taking down to 162 Mhz and memory can be taken down to 225. What would be a reasonable setting to place it to try and get it to work less? I was just thinking maybe this will at least help with the heating an power problems. Although now that i looked at the temps right after playing Grid.... it was over 70 degrees celcius so power isn't the only problem obviously. I don't even know how hot it really can get, becuz before i get to the peek time when its blazing hot, it shutoffs. And people are saying its becuz of power, which im sure it is becuz i only have a 250W powersupply, but there has to be a problem with heat if its going 75-80 degrees celcius

just set the fan to max and if you are not playing games put the core to/at/around 300mhz and mem to 450 or 400mhz. then put them back to stock when gaming, this wont help the power consumption much and it will only lower temps by a few degrees.

Don't have to much of a problem when not playing games tho. It usually stays around 48-50 degrees celcius. Its when i play games that just making it blazing hot. I really don't need all wat i get from my video card for these games tho. I mean my on-board 6150SE GeForce was able to play these games. Not games like crysis or anything, but still was good enough to play some pretty decent graphic games. Even tried on Cod4 which didn't work out as planned. But I'm just saying i don't need THAT much power. I only need it to be a little more powerful then my on-board video card. If i can do that, then im fine with it hopefully. And thoughs few degrees can make the difference of over heating and shutting off, to staying on and letting me play me games lol

just set the fan to max and if you are not playing games put the core to/at/around 300mhz and mem to 450 or 400mhz. then put them back to stock when gaming, this wont help the power consumption much and it will only lower temps by a few degrees.

AHH man that works so well. Now i can play grid, and i have not gone over 60 degrees with thoughs settings, and playing just as well as before. Before it hit little over 70 when i exit the game. And the time BEFORE that i didn't know becuz it shutoff on me before i could tell. But now I been playing it since i changed thoughs settings and highest it got was 60 degrees. Its steady at low 40's idle now. That helps alot man. Might even turn it down more considering the proformance it still GREAT. I was playing Grid without lag. I don't play anything TOO intense. Maybe cod4 thats about it. Crysis i don't play much, but i don't think ill be able to play that game with these settings, maybe on medium details. No fun on low =) Well tyvm thos settings worked great for now. I guess depending wat game i play ill vary between wat i set. All i really wanted for now was that. Ty everyone else for helping me figure out what i need for my computer for it to be suitable at 100% proformance, but for now philbars idea will work good till income tax. Now i don't have to wait 2 weeks before i can play any intense games =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom