thow hard drives. one is full...

Status
Not open for further replies.

escallui

Solid State Member
heres my problem. im guessing my primary drive is the one labeled c: i have another drive labeled e:

the c: drive is full and i cant even watch videos on youtube because its telling me that i have no more space left on c:

how can i change the primary drive to e: since i have plenty of space there?

Well, you may want to move media files from your C to your E drive "assuming" your C drive is where your OS is installed?

The best way to keep your OS drive from being full is to install bloated programs to your storage drive.

for example when you install a game like Crysis War head, it's a monster in disk consumption, so if you want to keep your main drive free, install it on your E drive.
When installing these big apps, maybe create a folder on your E drive called "Games" and durring install point the installer to E:/games/crysiswarhead

And for your general Media make a folder on your E drive called Media and put your pics mp3's and what ever else that is filling up your C drive that is not core related to your OS.

Once you free up some space, defrag it. Odds are it will open up a lot more.

heres my problem. im guessing my primary drive is the one labeled c: i have another drive labeled e:

the c: drive is full and i cant even watch videos on youtube because its telling me that i have no more space left on c:

how can i change the primary drive to e: since i have plenty of space there?
You cant just change it. But you can move your personal files to that drive along with your pagefile to free up space. Along with moving you Internet Temp Files to that drive to free up space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom