I7 vs Q66...

Status
Not open for further replies.

heister

In Runtime
whats a better cpu for when comparing performance to cost

also on the GPU side of things how are you people swinging these days NVIDIA or ATI

thanks

Just factoring in the cpu's cost the i7 920 probably has the best price/performance of any cpu. However the rest of the i7 system would be quite a bit more expensive because of teh added cost of a x58 motherboard and triple channel ddr3 ram. If you can afford a i7 system I would go for it.

Determining which gpu brand to get depends on how much you want to spend, ati has the best cards in some price rages while nvidia is winning in others.

We need more details buddy give us a specific budget and usage. Do you have a reason to go quad? The majority of current games only utilise a single core so as a dual core is cheaper and runs cooler then its quad brethren it is sometimes the better choice.

i do game occasionally however this system is mainly for running advanced stock tracking and charting software which is why i plan on going quad since i will be doing a lot of multi tasking... plus the 1366 class mobos generally have the ability to run quad gpus which is nice since i will be able to run more monitors

i do game occasionally however this system is mainly for running advanced stock tracking and charting software which is why i plan on going quad since i will be doing a lot of multi tasking... plus the 1366 class mobos generally have the ability to run quad gpus which is nice since i will be able to run more monitors

You wont need quad GPUs unless you want 8 monitors. I wouldnt think you will need an i7 for that kind of software. A quad, yes, but you could easily get away with something cheaper, which in turn would make the rest of the system a fair bit cheaper as well.

well i plan on ultimately running 6 22 inch monitors or 8 20 inch monitors depending on the contracts i pick up the price of a I7 based machine is alot higher than that of a core 2 quad machine for me it comes down to longitivity for the future what advantages would i get out of going with an I7 based set up over the previous generation quads besides the ability to run quad gpus

haha yea it would prob do it.... only i dont have it any more sold it a while back to raise funds to get started out and now i need to build a new machine to do what i need so yea havent looked in a while and im guess the q6xxx lines are outa date and the q9xxx lines are prob a better comparision so yea can anyone tell me what the real difference there is gonna be i was looking at the tech specs and i noticed it had L3 cache what is that used for?

hahah yea i realize that but i wanted a comparison for what i wanted to do with it which isnt gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom