Maxing out Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
core 216's in sli perform well but do not match the power of a GTX 295.

heat will be the same, and the two cards together will actually push more heat since they use more power.

Trust me i was originally getting core 216's myself but the GTX 295 came out and it was just a better deal overall.

The power of GTX 280's for $500 is a steal.

you can get the Phenom II 940 + K9A2 Platinum for $344
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

and 4GB DDR2-1066 @ 5-5-5-15 for $55
Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

That would cost you $260 less than the i7 build. Which you can put towards your video card.

For playing Crysis with multi-GPU cards, the Nvidia cards are the ones to go for. ATI's RV770 works great in crossfire for every game except Crysis.

i think SLI core 216's (of the XFX ones...i just got one myself) will give a 295 a run for its money. but, they will use more power and i think cost more as well, so the 295 would be the better option unless the core 216 prices plummet. this card is a monster man, and it scores better than the XFX vanilla gtx 280 that i had for awhile. and it overclocks quite snappily. but that ******n whine when it folds bothers me because i am anal like that even though its barely audible. only does it while folding, gaming no problemo.

theyre good dont get me wrong...but cant hold up to all mighty power of the GTX 295....especially when oc'ed.

But theyre more expensive and use more power.

thats what im sayin. if they were 200 dollars each, it would be a viable option. but, the XFX blacks aint ever gonna be 200 bucks each.
also rican does you rcard whine when folding? i read it has something to do with the power chokes, nothing that will hurt the card, just an annoyance.

you can get the Phenom II 940 + K9A2 Platinum for $344
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

and 4GB DDR2-1066 @ 5-5-5-15 for $55
Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

That would cost you $260 less than the i7 build. Which you can put towards your video card.

For playing Crysis with multi-GPU cards, the Nvidia cards are the ones to go for. ATI's RV770 works great in crossfire for every game except Crysis.

There's also that 790GX with a PII 940 for $295... that seems pretty good too :D

thats what im sayin. if they were 200 dollars each, it would be a viable option. but, the XFX blacks aint ever gonna be 200 bucks each.
also rican does you rcard whine when folding? i read it has something to do with the power chokes, nothing that will hurt the card, just an annoyance.

heck yeah, and when playing crysis and warhead.

It also makes some other noises while playing games...i was thinking of rmaing the card to see if i get a quieter one.

Ahaha the "mighty" GTX 295,

I guess I've always had a thing for the underdog, lol well I'll see what happens to the prices, b/c this build won't be decided upon until about 3 weeks from now.

EDIT: all the while I'm still very excited

(like a giddy schoolgirl)

heck yeah, and when playing crysis and warhead.

It also makes some other noises while playing games...i was thinking of rmaing the card to see if i get a quieter one.

the squeal is inherent. if you RMA you might get one that doesnt do it, but then again you might not. i read a lot about it and it seems that it really doesnt harm the card....but ******n man for as much as we pay for these things you would think they would fix it. but then again my comp sounds like an f-18 at takeoff anyways :p
what kind of other noises do you mean?

but then again my comp sounds like an f-18 at takeoff anyways :p

guilty :snob: well you know the fan sound doesn't even bother me b/c when I'm playing it hard enough to really need the fans (and I have alot of em) my sound system is already shaking the house so I never notice :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom