New computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome help man, i think youve helped me out with a good base. Do you think i should buy some fans or anything extra with this? Again its probably going to be about a month or maybe a little more before i head back home. So im probably not going to order any of this until then so i can handle stuff as it comes :D Also i was reading up and the Core 216 is the updated version of the gtx 260 right?

yeh it is nVidia's answer to the HD 4870 1 GB, you can't go wrong with a GTX 260 (216) :)

One of these speaker sets would be good, and not too expensive. I personally like the 68w set, but I got the cheaper set for my mom, and it works fine too. Up to you on that part.

Lmao or if you were me you'd spend close to 1k building your own hardcore old school system with over 1100 watts of raw bass power :D

(that'll wake the neighbors)

Lol i deffinately would have a awesome system but i live in a appartment and i would so get kicked out. Yea i think the total right now for all that stuff is about 1800$ so i got a little room to play. I like everything so far, quick question. what do you think about this Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 Nehalem 3.2GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops compared to the other cpu i have listed up top. I know there is a big price difference, just i dont know if i do enough processor intensive things to actually use it. Or would the 920 be fine? or should i step up to the 940?

Don't waste your money, you can push the same numbers from a 920 as you can from a 965 "Extreme" ripoff lol. To be short and simple.

The only reason to get a 965 is if you were going to use LN (liquid nitrogen) cooling and were shooting to break world records, invest that money somewhere else, the 920 will more than meet expectations.

EDIT: and just the same with the 940, stay with the 920, I won't be the first to tell you that

lmao I didn't even notice that, long walks on the beach???....

and in Alaska? have fun, my southern a** is staying his a** inside in the cold

Yeah, don't bother with the 965. The 920 is more than adequate.

And you're good on fans, that thing is chock full of huge *** fans, haha. That really is a great case for the cost.

Yeah i figured everyone would get a kick out of that XD np on that m8. Ok so the extreme is just for showboating really. I really cant wait to get back and start buying these things and putting it together. Ill be taking lots of pics for everyone here, its just gonna be a couple weeks till i can get back home. I kinda remember reading about the case in a magazine or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom