card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although once again it pains me to say this: ATI is better than Nvidia during those stages of cards. You'd be better with a ATI 9600 or so instead of that. The last series of cards ATI outperformed nvidia by quite a bit. with the newer cards 6800 and X800, its the opposite..nvidia owns ATI. So if I were you in this case Id look towards ATI, although I had a 256mb FX5700 and it ran great on games like Soldier of Fortune 2 on all high settings just fine. Don't know how it'd do on far cry or doom though =/

EDIT: Bah I always forget this. I was just informed today that sometime before the end of this year nvidia is to release a 6600GT (lowered down version of the 6800) and its 128mb DDR3 memory....it also outperforms the ati equivelant and will sell at about $199 I believe.

ooooh rome total war...can't wait for that either. Still though...I'd go with an ATI equivelant not the nvidia especially if you want crystal clear smoothness. plus you know there will be games down the line you'll want to play..thats where the $199 6600GT would come in. But yeah if you have to have a card now get ATI equivelant and AGEX should be able to give you some proper info on which one to get around the same pricerange as the one you were looking at

just look at that chart kangaroo posted in that other thread you started. The 9500 pro outperforms the 5700 Ultra. THe 9800 SE and the 9600 Pro all fall below the 5700 Ultra. But you werent looking at the 5700 Ultra so the 9600 pro would be better than the card you linked

ooooh rome total war...can't wait for that either

Hey Nubius, want to see how the game is? Watch the History Channel's show, "Decisive Battles". The prgoram they use to do the battles is the game: Rome: Total War

Hey Nubius, want to see how the game is? Watch the History Channel's show, "Decisive Battles". The prgoram they use to do the battles is the game: Rome: Total War

lol awesome, I didn't know that....thats pretty dern badass of the history channel imo

Thought the game isn't out yet though. Says scheduled delivery is for fall 2004.

I hear the 6600GT is going to outperform the X800s at Doom 3. Amazing how Nvidias mid-range cards are even gonna dominate the X800s.

I hear the 6600GT is going to outperform the X800s at Doom 3. Amazing how Nvidias mid-range cards are even gonna dominate the X800s
Yup......it helps that they are going to load it with DDR3 memory though...the 128mb version of the 6800 doesn't even have DDR3....plus the card will have 8 pipelines so thats still double the pipelines of previous series I believe.....I'm not sure if the 128mb of the 6800 has 8 or 12 pipelines? can't remember.....but yeah the 6600GT sounds like it'll prove itself very worthy. I think I might look towards that card instead of the 128mb 6800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom