Netbook or Notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A decent small notebook would be ok I think. Not a big fan of netbooks. OH LOOK! I have a 800mhz processor!

The only upshot of the netbooks are those Atom CPUs, they look pretty sweet.

I got both a Notebook and a Netbook.

Netbooks are great for having a computer on move. However I would not want to be using one as main PC.

I did have an Acer Aspire One for about a month. It was good for what it was offering. However one thing that i did not like was the smaller keyboard and the glossy display.

Currently i have a Lenovo S10. They work out to be another $50 more expensive that the Acer Aspire ONe. However i do like the larger display, bluetooth and express slot.

Netbooks are perfect if used in the way they are designed to be used, they are not desktop replacements for an enthusiast and they are not gaming machines. If you want to listen to your favourite band whilst going on the internet and a little office work they are great and very well priced normally.

Netbooks are perfect if used in the way they are designed to be used, they are not desktop replacements for an enthusiast and they are not gaming machines. If you want to listen to your favourite band whilst going on the internet and a little office work they are great and very well priced normally.

I would like to see some performance comparisons and wanna know howfar they can be pushed.
I know what I normally do on my regular PC and my old laptop but who knows if that "casual" stuff might be more than normal

Atom on a msi wind can reach 2.4ghz with liquid nitrogen cooling. Don't be so pedantic you surely know what the majority of people use a desktop for if they are not a gamer or a bench fanatic or a CAD or media designer. That leaves normal programs like word/edexcel, itunes/WMP, IE7 and gaming would be miniclip.

I've been looking around and have seen a netbook for 350~ and for about 200 dollars more you can get a dual core laptop with a decent sized screen (and sometimes some very good deals)

I don't see why not to save a bit more for way more power?

Because that extra power may not be utilised like putting a gtx295 graphics card in a non-gaming desktop just because you can doesn't mean you should.

What if you will use the power if you have it? I mean for the people (like me) who might want to cut down on some power to save money

Just concerned a net book won't have the power were used to

I understand Salty thanks for all the replies :] I'm on your side!

ps didnt wanna keep posting and posting :p

I am playing devils advocate here I don't own a netbook or plan to I have 2 laptops one 15" and one 13". I however think that netbooks are a perfectly sensible purchase they are surpisingly fast go into your local pc shop and try one. I was using the vodafone version of the Dell mini in the store. They had set xp upto as efficient as possible with no eyecandy so whilst there I tried to set everything up to make it slower they are quick little blighters. They are perfect for what they are designed to do and then some the msi wind also has excellent battery life 4-5 hours in a package that small is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom