Weird stuff happening after sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

human_clay

Baseband Member
Im not very sure if this has happened only to me after installing sp2 .My boot screen has changed a bit.It doesnt display "Windows Xp Proffesional"loading ....it just displays "Windows Xp"
Its kinda weird

MS is trying to phase out XP-Home.

XP-Pro makes them more money, is better featured and stable, and it's proving to be a mess for them to support two versions of the same OS.

Does that mean that SP2 is supposed to upgrade or are those of with home gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the upgrade?

I had XP Home for a short while, but after switching to Pro, I could never go back to home. I think MS should phase out Home, I never really saw the need for it to begin with.

XP-Home was a lite version made for non-computer-knowledgable people who wanted to use the latest stuff (movies, music, etc, Office XP, etc.). Unfortunately it became both a marketing problem and a programming problem. You couldn't effectively run two marketing campaigns, and every time you did an update for Pro, you had to strip/correct it for Home, which was a hassle and created two sets of bug tracks.

you guys mean to say that whats happening to my OS after installing sp2 is absolutely normal??

human_clay said:
you guys mean to say that whats happening to my OS after installing sp2 is absolutely normal??

Yea, my friend installed SP2 and had the same thing happen. No worries. As for me...I am not making the move to SP2 until I need its features lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom