help plz need to overclock my cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the only good way to oc is through the bios and as was already said manufacturers lock the bios to prevent overclocking.

not triyng to be a-hole just ****ed that i cant get some decent asdvice on how to oc my cpu. and as to sa i can run it in all forms but ist has the same hang ups and glichtes in all of them and its not just because of gta that i want to oc. i heard that i could get this proc upto 2.3GHz on 2-3 other tech sites but i didnt know that i couldnt do it on a pre built rig i still think that there should bee a way around this. Does anyone know any?

That's if you have decent cooling, and that thing runs really hot... with the stock cooler on a P4 you run at like 70 degrees on Idle, even worse when its on Max load..

If you have a do not have a prebuilt, and a solid cooler, than you could OC, but even then, the FPS difference is miniscule and you have a lot higher temps.

That's if you have decent cooling, and that thing runs really hot... with the stock cooler on a P4 you run at like 70 degrees on Idle, even worse when its on Max load..

If you have a do not have a prebuilt, and a solid cooler, than you could OC, but even then, the FPS difference is miniscule and you have a lot higher temps.

If some onewould have told me this at the beginning i probaly wouldnt have gotten so ****ed it is a prebuilt its not so much the FPS but the fact that it Hangs a certain points in my games (all of them not just San Andreas.) Itried every thing io could think of to fix it. the HDD s are new the os is a clean install the proc is new(well as new as can be after 7 yrs)the computer i have was originally at my local library and was given to them by a Gates Grant (i.e. Bill gates.)

You need a new GPU.....

Find a decent deal on an AGP card on eBay or something that is better than a FX 5500 (which is any ATI Radeon 9000 series or higher or any Geforce 6000 series or higher)

the card i have supports non Sli Multi gpu. if i were to install a second card of the same type obviously and oc it to the same point would that help at all?

Nah I mean like get rid of your current FX 5500 and replace it with a new one...

No AGP supporting boards even support SLI or CF

to clarify what i said previously the card itself Supports NON SLI MULTI GPU. in other words 2 cards linked together but not by SLI

We know what you said.

And we are telling you, you need a new card plain and simple. multi-gpu is just to run more displays, thats all.

You keep saying your games are glitching. In what way are they glitching? You're so confident that your computer can play this game so, assuming you're right, maybe its not your hardware that is causing the problem. There is a big difference between studdering from bad fps and glitching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom