Need help overclocking my fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

taleheart

Baseband Member
Idk if my fans are running max speed, but i have asked a question on here before and still have no luck on this after a few months.... its getting worst now tho. ANY time i try to play a game my GPU temps blaze up. I have speedfan, rivatuner, cpucool. But I can't find out how to overclock a fan (if my fans can even be overcloaked) atm not doing anything and on startup... its running at 50c or about 120F I play a game it can go well over 60c and my computer will just basically shutoff, but is still on just has a black screen and I then have to turn it off and restart it. Idk how to over cloak my GPU fan since that seems to be the biggest hot spot, i need to get that fan running ALOT faster. Hopefully it can. Its a VGA nvidia 9600 512 MB video card. Thing is massive and HOT! And I feel like i wasted 100$ on it now... becuz I rather player a laggy game then getting shutoff while into something important. I think I'm going to go back to my on-board video card till i find out how to stop it from overheating, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it so much since I could finally say this video card wasn't a waste of money... it runs good too which i like, fast on games, overheats to much makes it next to worthless to me tho. BTW if i cannot get this thing to speed its fans up, any good choices on a very cheap but good fan to have on a computer? I have next to no space, best i could do is replace the currect fans i have with a better one since i have no more plugs on my computer for the fans. I'll get a picture of the inside to show you the space and would really like it if anyone could help me A. Fix this GPU overheat. B. Figure out what would be best for my computer. I'll have the pictures in a moment =)

avo4dx.jpg

7263k3.jpg

5oxkt1.jpg

open rivatuner
click on customize - > low level system settings
a.jpg

go to fan tab
b.jpg

enable low level fan control -> ramp up your fan

or

download ntune and adjust the fan from there
nTune_Manual_GPU_Tuning.jpg

Ok, its at 100% now, but its still to hots :'( I guess ill just need new fans or something, anything thats cheap. Any suggestions? As i said i have no more room or plugs for fans on my motherboard, so i'll probably have to start replacing :/

Oh one more thing, wat about disabling some of my video cards potential? For the games i play it doesn't need to running this way. I could play these games with a "little" lag on my on-board video card which is a crappy 6100 geforce 128 mb but it wasn't to bad, any way i could "Underclock" it or w/e they call it and have less proformace but better temps?

Some of the specs on wat the nTune says. Im runnign at 650 mhz on the core bus, and 900 mhz on the memory bus. anything else thats on this program no idea wat to do with =) but i can lower core bus down to 162 and memory bus down to 225. Could i possibly lower these or anythign else i need to lower to make it run decent but without all this stress on it?

Judging by those pictures I am guessing your system is a prebuilt, most likely a hp going by what I can see of the case. Would you mind posting a close up picture of the stickers on the side of the power supply?

I'll try to get a clear picture, problem is its a webcam im using for pictures. And its a compaq. I'll try to get the pictures up in a few minutes

Ok I wasn't able to get any clear pictures. What information do you need from the power supply i'll just type what you need to hear. As for not having enough power, that may be the problem. Idk to much about what voltage is supposed to be in what. I just thought it was the temps becuz i heard they aren't supposed to go over 60 unless its a "6" series which idk what that is. Just saw it in a post. I think I overclocked my fans, but they don't sound any different and they are running at same speeds so I'm guessing they are already going as fast as they can. ATM computer was shutdown all day and the cards running idle at 48 degrees celcius. Not sure if thats a bad idle temp or not. But its not shutting my computer off atleast lol. Any other information you need just ask. Still looking for a way to "underclock" my video card or something to give it less proformace btw. Any ideas on that?

Could you get the wattage of the psu as well as the amps of the +12v output?

While 60c is a little warm it isn't hot enough to case problem like you are experiencing which leads me to suspect the psu.

Having a hard time telling which number is the wattage. Highest number i see on it says 218W Theres a switch on the back of it that atm is on 115. Don't know if they messes with the wattage tho. Im guessing the wattage is 218 tho.

It should be one the white sticker that is directly above the yellow one on you first pic, i think it says somethink like max output xxxW or something like that.

Yeah, don't mess with the switch on the back. Looks like you have a 218watt power supply. That seems a little on the low side for that card.

Oh ok. So how much would a PSU that i would need cost? It hasn't shut down yet for about 5 hours of messing around. But have been keeping it cool by getting off games once it hits about 63ish degrees celcius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom