The old Rivals Ati vrs Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless u have pci xpress then the x800 XT is alright.
....inwhich the nvidia would still beat it...

If you wait until september you can get the 128mb 6600GT its the more 'mainstream model' opposed to the 'performance model' known as the 6800...surprisingly enough though the 6600 actually has the DDR3 memory which the 128mb 6800 doesnt have. It has 8 pixel pipelines and the ATI equivelant of the 6600 (maybe the X600 I guess?) only has 4. Even with that I just read an article today that said "even if ati had those extra 4 pipelines I doubt it would help one bit" and basically concluded it with 'Dont even consider the ATI version, nvidia blows it straight out the water'

Conclusion: So it seems that in previous models ATI is better than nvidias FX series...as for the newer series, 6800's and X800's Nvidia will reign supreme...and also goes for their 6600 models.

EDIT BTW: Shoulda mentioned that the 6600 is gonna be like $199 I believe. Not a bad price at all!

If ATi wants to keep a good name, they have to do better with the R520 series comming up. Come on man, even some die-hard ATi fans are now admiting that this X series is just pitiful.

P.S. Anybody know anything about R520 and when its supposed to come out, as well as Nvidia's competitor?

haven't heard anything at all about the next series. All I know is that they started working on the 6800 two years ago and are currently making the card for two years from now =/ Nvidia said they want to basically keep a two year advance on their products so they probably already have the architecture of the next 3 cards made....its just writing the drivers and such and giving the consumer enough time to buy the current cards and suck as much money out of us as possible before they release the new ones

Kangaroo, I'm probably stupid for asking this idotic question, but...what is that big blue thingy? How'd you get to it or do it or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom