About ATI tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
How long does ur ati tool take to find you max clock speed and max memory??

I ran it and it still didn't finish even though it passed 30 min

well if it went 30mins without making your card explode I guess you're in the good....I'd rather it take its sweet time and nothing go wrong than have it fry out in 2 seconds

The reason it takes so long is that at each heatup phase it doubles the amount of time it ran in the last phase. Its good that it ran for that long. The longer it runs without any artifacts means your card has good cooling, and can handle the extra speed. If you don't want to wait you can go and configure the amount of time for the heat up phase to run from the settings button on the bottom.

Yeah, it's a good sign that it ran for so long. It means that you got a decent overclock. Just let it go, if it heats up too much and you get artifacts it will stop.

I thought there was something about ATI TOOL wich limited its use to certain drivers (up to 4.2 if my memory is good). Then again, I could be mistaken.....

You are mistaken! :p

I am currently using ATi Tool w/ Catalyst 4.8 (CCC).

i got just one teency little question.
how do you know if you got artifacts while you're running ati tool max clock speed measurer?

Oh yeah, would it be okay if i turned on ati tool to find my max clock speed overnight? while i'm sleeping? does it automatically stop when it see's problems?

yeah I wouldn't trust it while I was sleeping.....what if in some weird freak incident it got too hot caught fire and burnt your house down! Now thats an extreme scenario but still man, if you want to overclock you need to sit and watch it carefully. aaaand you'll KNOW when you get artifacts...if your screen is clear..you don't have artifacts...simple as that..if you got little spots all over the place obviously you got artifacts.....

To fully answer your question though it SHOULD stop before problems occur, thats the whole point of the tool...to find the max without burning out your card...but like I said what if it reached a top point and got stuck or something weird, I don't know I'm paranoid, but yeah I wouldn't just let it go while you were asleep.

Yea, artifacts are VERY obvious. Your screen image will look very scrabled in the most extreme cases. ATI tool is the best way to overclock your ATI graphics card. I hear that you need to have a hsf combo besides the stock if you want to really do some overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom