First build, not booting up...think it's PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read pg 27 of the manual?
gigmb.jpg

use a screwdriver and touch the pw's together.

Oh msg is also marked pw led as well

If your speaker can get hooked up, it'll tell you of beep errors

I most certainly have read that page. I've had everything hooked up, tried them each both ways (because the cables from my Centurion 5 case don't have a + or - marking), still get nothing. On top of that, I've tried the PW_Switch cable in every single slot, just to check to see if one would work.

I'm sorry for not understanding...this is my first build after all...but what do you mean by 'touch a screwdriver to the pws'?

Again, sorry for my ignorance.

He means touch a screwdriver so that both the PW+ and PW- on the motherboard (from the picture above) are connected via the screwdriver head.

I must be a complete idiot, and you guys must think something similar, lol...but seriously, sorry for not being able to visualize this.

So I touch a screwdriver to the PW_switch part of the front panel...first of all I don't understand what this does; and secondly, I'm a little confused as to how to do this...before plugging in the PW_Switch cable...in place of the cable while all the others are plugged in, what?

Once more, again...I'm sorry for not understanding, but this isn't really very clear to me and it seems like it could be one of those potentially super important things that could get my build running.

I appreciate your patience.

I must be a complete idiot, and you guys must think something similar, lol...but seriously, sorry for not being able to visualize this.

So I touch a screwdriver to the PW_switch part of the front panel...first of all I don't understand what this does; and secondly, I'm a little confused as to how to do this...before plugging in the PW_Switch cable...in place of the cable while all the others are plugged in, what?

Once more, again...I'm sorry for not understanding, but this isn't really very clear to me and it seems like it could be one of those potentially super important things that could get my build running.

I appreciate your patience.

Basically disregard all your cases' front panel connectors for the moment. From the picture posted above that is from the manual, you simply use a screwdriver and hold it so that the flathead touches both the PW+ pin and the PW- pin on the motherboard. So instead of putting the front panel PW SW pins on this location, you touch those two pins with the screwdriver. This should start up the computer. If nothing happens, then likely your motherboard is fried/DOA. Chat up with NewEgg customer service to get a new motherboard sent to you free of charge (and you will then have to mail them the DOA board, but with a prepaid shipping label so you don't lose any money).

No dice with the screwdriver thing...if I did it right that is (the whole thing seemed really awkward and unnatural, but I guess that's the point).

So, I'm thinking it's the mobo...time for my first RMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom