Wiring my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I have 3 wires that I don't know what to do with.

The first one comes out of the back of my CD-rom it has a flat connector with four holes with only with wires going into the connector.

Second- A wire coming off my video card flat connector with 2 holes.

Third- A wire coming from the front of my case and it has a film end to it and I think it measures the temp. but I don't know where to stick it.

Any Ideas?

Re: Wirining my computer

Lol, that first wire is useless. Get rid of it. It was for carrying audio to a sound card before they incorporated sound through IDE. Computers sometimes still come with them for fun I guess.

The temperature one would go between your CPU and heatsink, but I don't like to mess with them, and I wouldn't if I were you.

The other one, not sure.

No, the 2nd is for sound i believe. The 260 has a digital sound connector comming out beside the 2 6pin. I couldnt find the digital input on my 680i so i left it.

No, the 2nd is for sound i believe. The 260 has a digital sound connector comming out beside the 2 6pin. I couldnt find the digital input on my 680i so i left it.

I didn't know about the one from the video card, I'm talking about the one from the CD drive. That's for old analog sound.

First pic: as stated, analog sound, and it's not needed...unplug it from your cd drive and throw it in a drawer.

Second pic: Looks like a temperature sensor. You don't really stick it anywhere, just lay it somewhere. It just measures ambient temps. You could stick it on a heatsink or something, but that'd be nowhere near accurate.

Third pic: It's for a 8 pin connector. If your video card only uses a 6 pin PCIe, then just leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom