XFX warrenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I'm a EVGA fan with the precision and OCing that is covered with there warrenty, but XFX has a GTX285 for $350 right now and wondered if OCing voids the warrenty or not. I know it used too, because it tells you that on the driver dist with a OC utility, but I never used it. But it's been a few years since I had a XFX card, (7950 GT) so I don't know if anything has changed on it or not.

Dauntae

Good news, I knew about the warranty and have used it a few times, and never a problem (had many xfx cards in the past) but they never used too cover OCing, but many have changed their warranties, Transfured all of them too when they where sold, Just wonder how there OC utility is, I'm spoiled with EVGA Precision right now.

Thanks
Dauntae

There's a lot of other utils out there that are just as good, or better, than Precision. I would base a purchase on that alone.

Cool, I might be ordering it then today, Got to go pick up my car from the shop right now but will do it when I get back:D Can't wait, Just wish the egg had it for this price, Tiger takes forever to get here.

Dauntae

EVGA Precision works on all nvidia cards, and its really just a modified version of rivatuner.

XFX doesnt include any oc utilities...and they have covered overclocking for a long time now.

actually now EVGA has thiers at $359 However it is a MIR which sucks but still pretty good deal, Maybe I'll wait until I have the cash in hand and order with the new CPU I plan to get, Hopefully even cheaper.

Dauntae

If you do something stupid and physically harm the card/cooler they wont warranty it. But if the card dies through no fault of your own while using a 2nd party cooler they will still cover it. Also, evga now allows you to voltmod their cards using a new program they just released today :)

it IS warranted even if it overheats due to overclocking. just as you dont intentionaly do physical harm to the card they should cover it.

as long as they dont find evidence of you beating it to death you are fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom