Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bottom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
do you prefer the PSU on top or on the bottom of a case?

I prefer mine on the bottom, move more air in the bottom area

in most cases, the top side already have a exhaust fan
plus when mounted on top, it just sucks warm air from your cpu. and as you know, heat = bad for any electronics
(unless you have one of those PC&P, that have fans on the ends)

I would rather have mine on the bottom than the top, havent really got a reason why but it feels an looks more natural to me.

I would prefer it on the top but one of threads on my psu screws is knackered so there is more pressure on the remaining three and I hope to stick a thermo chill 120.3 rad in the top

Since PSUs generate so much heat and heat rises I like mine up top. Newer units aren't nearly as bad, but still how it works. Cable management is better with them on bottom though.

Since PSUs generate so much heat and heat rises I like mine up top.

doesn't most PSU's have the fan sucking IN air? and exhaust out the case?

dcp_0496-1.jpg

Some cases have vent holes in the bottom, so you can mount the psu face down just like you would up top and it draws cool air only.

Some cases have vent holes in the bottom, so you can mount the psu face down just like you would up top and it draws cool air only.

yeah! I remember someone on the forums had a case like that, and he/she asked whether it should be mounted with the fan facing up or fan facing down.

I said it was personal preference, and he/she replied "there must a be right way"
I didn't argue though, someone else came along and just told him/her to mount it with fan inside case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom