*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

I dunno my temps get up there running OCCT....my machine isnt actually 100% stable but i havent had any bsods or crashes besides OCCT.

i dont like the thinness (new word) of the TX-2 myself.
i like the feel of artic silver 5 as it seems to be the perfect thickness for my tastes, i have not used MX-2 yet.

sticky little bugger it is and hard to get off ur fingers. Lower temps good, but TX-2 should do better.

I don't see a reason not to like Tx-2.. I have used it on a couple of cpu's and a graphics card and have been happy with the results. My cooler came with Mx-2 originally unfortunately when i put tx-2 on it I also switched cases so I can't compare temps.

I haven't used as5 and plan to keep it that way. The fact that is more expensive, cools worse, and has a burn in period doesn't make it very appealing

I'm not picky when it comes to thermal paste. I get whatever is cheapest...I have some Xigmatek here that I got for cheap and it works great.

meh i run mine at 810 core 2000 shader and 1200 mem daily. and go to 860 core 2100 shader and 1225 mem for benches. so you should be fine at those clocks, especially since you have the + edition.

hmm what are your temps at idle and load along with your set fan speed? I heard auto control is too slow to react to changes in temp but I'm weary to just set it to a particular % like 50 because it may need more fan speed if it gets hot. I wish there was a way to have it on auto control but set it at a minimum %. My air flow in my case isn't really good and my room is kind of hot, so far my temps are like 58 idle and 70-75 load, which is great compared to my 8800 gtx which idled at like 65 and load was 85-90.

also it seems like no one really OCs the memory clock too much? I guess the 9 series is different compared to the 8 series and the memory clock can't be pushed far?

youre puting too much thought to it.

Set the fan speed to 50%, stress your card and see how high the temps go. if its too hot for your taste, turn it up to 55, or 60, and repeat untill satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom