DFI Developing Enormous LanParty CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused, so the zinc plating reduces the heat dissipation gained by using copper, which then makes it pointless to use copper. Did I interpret your comment correctly?

It should come w/ a fan or atleast brackets for a fan. You can tell that its certainly made from Thermalright. I bet they installed the gpu in the pic because the mobo tips over w/ just the cooler on.

I am confused, so the zinc plating reduces the heat dissipation gained by using copper, which then makes it pointless to use copper. Did I interpret your comment correctly?

i was saying it's a copper tube with a possibly zinc coating, just for looks. or the zinc might accualy hold the heat in. i dont know.

Well if you think about it, what transfers heat the best out of common materials used in a heatsink? Copper does, now if they have plated it with zinc that will make it more difficult for the heat to go from the copper to the air because it has to go through the zinc also, and I would say that even with the heatsink that big, it still gets hot.

what i'm saying is the zinc acts a insulator to carry the heat to the fins at the top of teh heatsink. but it is a silly idea to do that.

thats an i7 board for sure or a am3 board taht we dont know about. (tripple channel ram on it)

but there is no chance that will fit in our antec 300.
atleast it looks that way from my angle.

but i cannot picture how a fan would be mounted to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom