Computer makes a different beeping sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
should not but would not hurt to try the other one though. At this point it is probably the mb but if you have different ram to check give it a shot. Look at the board for any signs of being fried.

I just did a cold start and it still does the continuous beep with a different video card. So I am guessing it is either the ram or the mobo. I will try some different things on the ram like switching them out.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but my PSU has 2 different 4 pin cpu connectors labeled cpu1 and cpu2. Would it make a difference which one is plugged in?

It really is starting to sound like it's the mobo. If you haven't already (sorry for redundancy if you have) try the video card and ram in another machine, if you can, and see if you get the same beep. That will narrow the list of possibilities.

I don't have another machine to try the video card and ram in and I don't know anybody that has one either.

I tried different ram and still the same thing. Do you think updating the mobo bios will help any? Is there a chance of losing everything?

Pc will not turn on.

I just got done reapplying thermal paste on my cpu. I put everything back together, but when I press the power button nothing happens. I tried switching the wires around like the power switch but still nothing.

Right now I just have the power switch hooked up. Does all of the wires have to be hooked up for it to come one?

I am going to take it apart and put it back together again too see if I missed anything. The only thing I could think of is I put the cpu in wrong although I don't see how that is possible.

Re: Pc wwill not turn on.

All you need for it to power up is the 24pin and the other 4 or 8pin into the motherboard. You can either short the connectors for the front power switch or plug the wires into that.

And the power into your video card so you can see to get into bios.

Re: Pc wwill not turn on.

That is what I thought. If this is a PSU problem, how would I find out for sure?

If the cpu was in wrong, would it still come on?

Re: Pc will not turn on.

No it still wouldn't turn on. There's only one way for a CPU to fit though. You can test the PSU with a paperclip or a different motherboard.

Green to any black pin
34d1096680960-turn-psu-without-mobo-atxmain.gif

Then plug a fan into a molex connector if it spins then everything is fine. Don't do it for excessive usage e.g. several hours plus without a resistor just test check everything is fine then turn the psu off and take out the pin

What should it do when I do that?

Everything seems to be ok now. I took both the 24pin and 4pin out and stuck a paperclip in it like saltynay said and the fans came on so I hooked it backed up and it came on. Must have been making a bad connection. Kinda had me worried for a little while.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom