SATA Question - Silly Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, ive been away for a few days.
Im 99% sure i only have two SATA ports, SATA1 and SATA2, it is currently connected to SATA1, i don't think switching it to SATA2 is going to make a difference, bit Ive give it a go later today.

Is it very likely the board only allows for RAID configurations, and is not really aimed at single SATA drives?

So your saying there's no chance it will only have 2xSATA ports? Believe me, thats all it has!

You are confused.

One of your SATA ports is in native channel, meaning you can attach a single SATA HDD (to that port) without a RAID configuration.

if its the one I'm thinking of, you have 2 sata next to the CMOS battery, and then 2 more, one positioned under each SIS chipset.

ah, I was looking at the -e.... not sure why he can't find it in the bios... just manually disable the 2nd in bios???

well, what you've posted is pretty straight forward... guess I dont understand what problem he is having... should be able to change that in the bios. I don't have SATA, so dont know all the ins and outs. How about jumper settings on the HDD?? Also, he never elaborated on the bios...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom