Terabyte Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep all my Movies, Pictures and Music on a 500gb external to clear up the 750gb in my computer. For what i need this is plenty of space. I have a few friends in film school that have loads of externals with their macs. The one has two TB full of just movies he's made. So i guess its whatever your into that diecides how much is enough. You can always add more. How can i tell how much there is on a drive in my computer?

Wow! I just looked on my internal and guess what ... 99% Full!!
I guess 750 gets full faster than i thought, Go for the TB!

I have a 1.5TB external with like 250GB used, I bought it because it was cheap ($120 for drive, $30 for enclosure) and I needed space. Now I'm getting all FLAC music, a bunch of ISO's of software, and a bunch of video and still am nowhere near even 30% full.

I used to own a server with 6.75tb it was a media server though used up 3tb then sold it on as I left the school which was the purpose of building the computer. I now have 1.32tb on my desktop and I have 200gb free + 100gb on my OS partition which I reinstalled 2 days ago. I have used up 96gb in three days on win 7 and haven't installed any games and only 6 programs whats up with that :s

i have a 750 Gig external, i download movies and music for me and my family, I've had it for 2 months now and I've yet to use up 100Gigs

if your planning on saving ALOT of games,movies and videos, then go for it, by the way by alot i mean ALOT, i have full seasons of shows like family guy, it's awsome since i'm running a media sever but again, i haven't even used up a fourth of it, i doubt i'll ever max out a 750gig

Gee? Aren't you the fortunate one! :p

Just over 200gb is already used up on the 500gb external drive here simply from backing up all of the updates for XP and Vista as well as various utility files downloaded at one time or another.

When going to capture video some 420gb tied up on a 500gb internal drive told me right there those 1tb drives were going to have a place here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom