Terabyte Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Hey everyone,
Do you think it is really nesscary to have a terabyte byte hard drive. What do you think is enough hard drive space for gaming,music,movies,pictures?

Completely depends on the person. When you say music and movies do you mean just storage or do you do a lot of editing. Editing can take a ton of space so 1tb might not be enough. But if your just storing it and don't download constantly then 1tb may be more than enough.

I have about 2.4tb usable space and I would say thats about what I need because 1. I have a habit of never deleting things. 2. I download a lot. 3. I wanted to be able to virtualize operating systems and have dedicated space for them. 4. don't want to fill the hdd completely so I like to keep at least 25% free space for better performance.

I had a friend that constantly filled his computer with 1tb of stuff and had to delete things a lot and that was 4 years ago. I also have another friend who video edits and he goes through multiple drives of storage constantly deleted and burning to dvd, I don't know how much space but I know its a lot.

Everything will become slower. And would probably lock up if your swap file is on there and is needed. But I have had drives 99.5% full without locking up before.

IMO you can never have too much drive space. I used to build computers and say I will never need that much space and I always find a way to fill them up. Right now I have approximately 1.5tb of info on my computer. Mostly pictures, music and home movies.

I also believe that you can never have TOO much space. The problem is backing up large amounts of data. In my case, I have around 1TB of data and am currently sketching because I hate having all that data vulnerable. But backing up that much data isn't as easy as say 250GB worth.

When the next drive goes in I will have almost 2.5tb available for both OS and storage with a 1tb sata being added on. Running multiple versions of Windows here along with backing up updates and some work with video at times drive space is a premium.

i have a 750 Gig external, i download movies and music for me and my family, I've had it for 2 months now and I've yet to use up 100Gigs

if your planning on saving ALOT of games,movies and videos, then go for it, by the way by alot i mean ALOT, i have full seasons of shows like family guy, it's awsome since i'm running a media sever but again, i haven't even used up a fourth of it, i doubt i'll ever max out a 750gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom