Upgrade video card of old desktop PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3650 > 2600.

The 8600 should be a rough comparison to the 3650, but the 8600 has it's own problems.

Go with what you want. I am more into ATI lately, but used to be Nvidia.

With the higher power/newer cards, stay with a fan to better control the temps.

I have fans form the early 90's that still work. The only way you should be able to kill a fan is if you either purposely burn it out by over volting or over amping it, or if you like to stick things in it.

I have fans form the early 90's that still work. The only way you should be able to kill a fan is if you either purposely burn it out by over volting or over amping it, or if you like to stick things in it.

Or if you smoke constantly while at your computer. I've seen it, it's pretty nasty, gunks up the fan pretty good.

The only fan I've had go bad was the fan on my motherboard's chipset cooler. No screeching, but it became fairly loud and was constantly up an down, up and down. Usually it is the bearings that die, and so the pitch of the fan will begin to get higher and higher, letting you know well ahead of its complete demise.

Fans last a long time, so don't worry about that. And, if one does die, you can replace it.

Thank you guys for your help! :)
(Trotter: Nice Profile Pic ! Where did you get it from ?)

Between "X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit" AND "ASUS Radeon HD 3450 256MB 64-bit", which is better for old titles (only pixel shader 3, no HD video) ?

How much difference extra 256Mb makes in X1650PRO ?

Can either play old titles, at acceptable quality, at higher than 1024 x 768 resolution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom