First build, not booting up...think it's PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, there is a pin connector below the F_Panel group of connectors that says PWR_LED...but I have no PWR_LED corresponding cable from my Centurion 5 case.

Furthermore, there is a spot on the bottom right corner of the F_Panel group of pin connectors for MSG, once again, no corresponding cable from the case.

The PWR_LED and MSG will both do the same thing. This is were you plug in your PWR_LED from the front panel.
Since all you have left is the + and - wire, I believe those 2 wires are the Pwr_led wires.

Page 7 of the manual shows the power header and usb are a block. The loose cables i believe are for the sound panel.

Is tthe board grounded out maybe?

Try taking the mb out of the case.

Just thought of something, maybe your power button is broken. You can probably test it by swapping it with the reset button.

Well I've just completely re-built it, checked processor pins, messed with the PW/RES cables (switched them), took out a stick of ram, made sure everything is connected...still nothing...anyone have any other ideas?

try taking the power button connector and connecting it to every single pin on the front panel connector block and then press the button after every time you change pins.

Take the motherboard out of the case to test, maybe a grounding issue? Also only put the bare minimum components.

Just took it out, tried to run it...nothing.

Tried the PW_SWITCH cable in every front panel pin...nothing.

I did the paper-clip test on both case fans and the GPU...they all run.

Does this mean the motherboard is bad? Or does it mean that the case connectors are bad?

I hope you guys can all feel my pain, lol...super excited all week (a little nervous about my first build, but mostly excitement), then it comes and my dreams are destroyed!

The estimate of taking it into shop and having them assemble it is $100, also...so that simply can't happen. You have to help me, tech forums!

dont take it in to a shop, we can help you. dont spend the unnesscary money and kill the puppies. it could be a bad mobo or a short somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom