Inexpensive Dual Fan 585W PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^

Doesnt change the fact that its garbage.

This psu is 10 times better and only $10 more:
Newegg.com - Antec earthwatts EA380 380W ATX12V v2.0 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

How could that unit be 10 times better if it's only 380W and only has 1 80mm fan?
Mine is running cool as a cucumber!
And when my last power supply died, it didn't cause any other damage to my computer.
Even Mercedes Benz builds some expensive lemons, while some of the economy cars just keep on running.
I'll try to let everyone know when this new PS dies, that is unless I happen to die first from laughing too much! :laughing:

How could that unit be 10 times better if it's only 380W and only has 1 80mm fan?
Mine is running cool as a cucumber!
And when my last power supply died, it didn't cause any other damage to my computer.
Even Mercedes Benz builds some expensive lemons, while some of the economy cars just keep on running.
I'll try to let everyone know when this new PS dies, that is unless I happen to die first from laughing too much! :laughing:

Because its a quality psu, built by seasonic and not a piece of crap.

Its called quality, not quantity. Try to run a 300watt load on that psu of yours and watch the fireworks. My Earthwatts runs over a constant 300watt load 24/7, while running very cool as well.

Its also 80plus certified, and saves on electricity by using less power from the wall as it does its ac/dc conversion.

I suggest you read the power supply guide:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/read-first-power-supply-guide-167793/

Well it seems that both Antec and HEC are in the same catagory of Medium to Low End Gaming Machines.
So I don't interprete that as meaning that they're both garbage.
Every unit has it's advantages and disadvantages.
I've listed the advantages as lower cost, higher output and extra cooling capacity w/2 fans.
There's nothing negative that can be stated that will change those positives because it's accurate.
And since it's already installed, I'll just use it and observe its longevity.
Thanks for the link. :)

Well it seems that both Antec and HEC are in the same catagory of Medium to Low End Gaming Machines.
I've listed the advantages as lower cost, higher output and extra cooling capacity w/2 fans.
There's nothing negative that can be stated that will change those positives because it's accurate.

Look at the specific models of the brand.

My guide only lists two models for HEC not to avoid.

Just because it says 900watts, doesnt mean it can handle 900watts..not to mention the small amount of amps.

my system will laugh at that psu and make it melt.

If you think Antec is on the low end then i dont know what to tell you.

and if you bother to look youll notice that one of the first psu's listed is an Antec.

Watt's aren't important. My Corsair 550vx has a lower wattage but it can handle several times what that hec psu can. I consider the 550vx a better value at $100 than that hec is at $24.

Watch this video and see if you still have the same opinion.

Welcome to Corsair :: Corsair Cinema

The number of fans doesnt really mean much. As the effenciency of the unit gets better, say 80-85% such as corsairs and pc&power units, there is much less need to cool the unit. Most "cheap" psu's are in the much lower range, thus put out much more heat, and actually use a lot more power at the wall than a higher range unit. Stick with a quality unit, the extra cost now you will save in electricity over its life and air coniditioning bills :)

Considering how cheap you can pick up GOOD psu's these days there is no reason to skimp.

I nearly dropped my 750TX when i slid it off of the counter because i wasnt expecting it to weigh 10+ pounds.

shoot i know what you are talking about my zalman weighs a ton, i think it is because of all the fancy heat pipes in it. that is a good rule of thumb to go by, how much it weighs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom