Which should I buy first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to stick with the 295, I don't mind shelling out the money for it because I don't upgrade often. I am getting such a big screen because 1) games will look amazing and 2) I watch alot of movies on my computer in my room and with this nice big monitor, I can sit back on my bed and still have a nice viewing experience. I had a 22 and while it was nice, I want to go bigger.

4" is a decent difference. I hate using 17" and smaller monitors and I only use a 20" for my computer. My friend has a 17" monitor and he always says the size difference is crazy. Personally I would of bought the monitor first.

John: have you ever seen a 26" monitor in person? 4" makes a massive difference! Plus the reason the one I'm buying is so expensive is because it has a built in TV tuner, and 2 HDMI ports. Samsung is also known to make some of the best monitors and TVs. I will be using the TV tuner or I would get the cheaper T260 which is on sale right now for $420 after MIR. It also looks really nice =D

I was considering getting one of the monitors with one of the nice panels but they are so expensive, especially at this size. I think I'm going to RMA my 8800GTX and if I get a 9800GTX+, I will buy the monitor first but if I just get another 8800, I will get the 295.

I am going to stick with the 295, I don't mind shelling out the money for it because I don't upgrade often. I am getting such a big screen because 1) games will look amazing and 2) I watch alot of movies on my computer in my room and with this nice big monitor, I can sit back on my bed and still have a nice viewing experience. I had a 22 and while it was nice, I want to go bigger.

If you grab the GTX 295 make sure you have some very nice cooling...sucker gets hot.

temps right now for me at stock clocks are 80C load, 49C idle.

But thats a 24", not a 28".

And several users have already owned that monitor and say its wonderful.

While that LG looks nice, and they have a 26", it doesn't have any HDMI ports or a TV tuner like the Samsung and those were major factors in my decision. Are there any others out there with those things worth looking at?

Rican: wow those are some hot temps, I have a TT Armor so there is a good amount of room and my cpu is watercooled so that takes a lot of the heat out of my case. Hopefully that is enough to keep it at decent temps. So nobody knows when non-reference coolers will start appearing on them? If at all.

Dual gpu cards have a very uniqe design.

Waterblocks are in the works though. And i believe some people used some two thermalright heatsinks with 120mm fans...but its ridiculously huge.

But the stock cooler is actually really good.....the entire card is made of aluminum and copper and the fan really pushes the heat out.

80C for two GT200 gpu's on load isnt that bad actually...plus i have my setup out of the case still. With the case i should drop at least 5C.

water blocks are usually expensive because of the two pcb design. It's too bad we have not seen any aftermarket solutions for dual gpu cards even if they were on the same pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom